Postgame thoughts

Yessir. Those are our three best receivers IMO. They made plays.

Offense obviously has tor in through Hock and JWill though. I did like what I saw from JWill!

The game sucked but I gotta say that was a fun ending. And hey, lots of kinks to work out. I think this team will look much different for the better as the season goes on

Yeah, for all Patricia’s failures I don’t think folks really have appreciated how true that is.

Barnes played well when he played and got better as the game went on. The guy just has “it.” I think he’s going to be a star.

3 Likes

Did you guys forget that the 3 of the top 4 WRs from last year are gone? The whole preseason we complained about how we have zero weapons at WR and then hate on Goff because of it once the regular season starts.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who hasn’t given up on okaduh ?

1 Like

The talent is WR is not good. But that doesn’t account for his wildly inaccurate throws

1 Like

QBs miss throws. Have we all forget the reality of the Stafford experience. We were constantly bemoaning misfires

3 Likes

It’s OK to not “give up on him.”

But he is not an athletically flashy superstar type – what one would typically expect from the highest-drafted CB in the NFL in 25 years.

That would have shown itself occasionally even last season. He don’t have it. He can still be OK, even good, based on how he learns, anticipates, etc.

1 Like

I can’t recall any game where Stafford missed as bad as Goff did on that many short passes

1 Like

Really? There were many.

8 Likes

Yeah, I think the 49ers coasted more than the Lions just turned it on.

3 Likes

I just think it’s a rough transition from college CB to NFL. Believe it took slay until year 3 to really put it together. I expect same from okudah

1 Like

Yes. The guy doesn’t have any juice. Never did.
He had decent stats at OSU because of Chase Young, going against the the worst crop of QBs and WRs in the history of the big 10.
Many of us railed against the pick before it was made, but BQ made it without thought because he was trying to fix the Slay/Diggs debacle.

1 Like

Do we know how many drops there were? 6? 7?

2 Likes

I was happy with the run game and thought Sewell look as good as you could expect.Goff drives me crazy already just gives up on plays way to quick.

1 Like

Even with the drops he threw 67%. 92 passer rating. Converted 19 first downs. 49ers are going to be a top 5 defense. All things considered it was fine.

3 Likes

Testing numbers say otherwise. He’s a fine athlete for a big CB. The numbers are the numbers. He needs to stay healthy and the light bulb has to go on. It can happen. Hopefully it will.

1 Like

Not at all. There’s a few of us out here, but he has a big target on his back with the fans. He’s Ebron v2 to some folks around here.

Didn’t really follow the Lions for the last couple of years. Gave up on Quinn long before he was fired. Tired of the non-football stuff. So with that said:

1. Goff - About what I expected. A little surprised by his accuracy issues and that one terrible throw into coverage. Looked better in 4th. Funny how he put in garbage stats just like Stafford.

2. Defense - Oh my god. Absolutely nothing good to say here. Across the board suckitude.

3. Hockenson - Looks much better than I remember from the last time I really watched the team.

4. Swift - He looked good.

5. Sewell - After all the reports of preseason trouble, he showed why the preseason is pretty meaningless.

Postgame thought: can’t wait to watch the flying Ramssfords vs the Bears tonight and count how many bad throw’s/bad decisions Matt makes and weigh them to Goff’s game today…can’t wait.