Prayers for Tua

Hey, do we know where Conrad Murray is? Anyone seen him lately?

How about this guy?

season 7 episode 21 GIF

3 Likes

that was what I was wondering…if it was a seizure.

1 Like

The pressure and choice is huge.
One thing tho
Even if Tua sat out last week
Or rest of season as a QB
Even back up
Can be a lucrative career that doesn’t play on the field.

I don’t know who will clear him to play any time soon

The Grand Rapids Dolphins has a nice ring to it :thinking:

Interesting tidbit.

Legitimate medical experts are mincing no words about Tagovailoa’s health.

A neuroscientist and the founder of the Concussion Legacy Foundation, Chris Nowinski tweeted before Thursday night’s game that Tagovailoa shouldn’t be allowed to play, and asserted he suffered a concussion last Sunday, not a back injury as the club claimed. A former NFL head athletic trainer who served on the Sports Concussion Medical Advisory Board, Mike Ryan, identified Tagovailoa’s unsettling involuntary finger reaction as a neurological response to head trauma. Meanwhile, the NFL and the NFLPA are conducting a joint review to determine whether the Dolphins followed concussion protocols properly in the aftermath of the Sunday incident. The Dolphins, it should be noted, are standing by their diagnosis of a back injury.

a back injury generally means you’re walking funny/gimpy. tua hopped up dizzily and shook his HEAD to clear the cobwebs and then dropped to the ground, something else that would make your back scream and not once did he grab at his back.

I’m not arguing with you but it really seems the dolphins are screwed and they know it.

3 Likes

Because we have 3 threads going.

1. Tua Thursday
  2. Tua Sunday (totally separate)
  3. Bridgewater

I didn’t see the game last night but just watching it on NFL replay and just saw the play. How was Topou not flagged and ejected for that? That was as violent whip down of the QB that I’ve ever seen. A thousand times worse than Suh ever got flagged for as a Lion.

There was no doubt Tua was going down the defender followed through and used both their momentum and weight to slam him

1 Like

I meant just the Tua situation. His handling from Sunday and then last night.

Grabs face mask. Shakes head. Stumbles as if dizzy.

Yep, clearly a back or knee injury.

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

family guy knee injury GIF

2 Likes

Oh. Those are two separate topics, too.
Anybody that hit the ground like he did last night would have suffered the same injuries. No prior injury necessary.
I find it hard to believe I’m the only one that sees that?
Sure, team owners are uncaring assholes, but, nothing would be different today if last Sunday never happened. He’d still have sustained head and neck injuries last night.
Those are just the facts.

There’s really no way of possibly knowing this, it’s pure speculation on your part.

Again, his head didn’t seem to hit the turf that hard to me when you watch the replay…but again, Dale Earnhardt’s accident didn’t look that bad either, so it’s hard to say.

I do believe that if you just recently had one concussion, you’re at higher risk of receiving another one.

3-4 previous instances of a player getting rocked, even a former Lion 40 years ago.

1. Javid - I watched it live. And I honestly thought he might be dead.
  2. Lion center or guard, Amos Fowler, couldn’t get up, no idea where he was.
  3. Joe Montana getting hit by Leonard Marshall
  4. Steve Young got rocked to I think.
2 Likes

I also wonder about Tua’s agent, he saw his prize money making possession get knocked out on Sunday, he knows the back injury was BS for sure. How is he not yelling and screaming to not allow Tua to play 4 days later!? Or the players union!? Team Doctors? Horrible the Dolphins let him play. That would be like a boxer getting knocked out and then fighting again 4 days later. I feel for Tua, I bet he felt pressured to play and he was also probably not thinking straight since he was concussed just a few days ago.

Knees heal, ankles heal, shoulders heal, your brain is not something to mess around with. I wouldn’t be surprised Tua doesn’t play again this year, potentially ever. I sure hope he’s okay long term.

3 Likes

You may see two separate incidents but they both occurred to the same individual. Sunday happened. Last night happened. Both happened. Both happened within 108 hours of each other.

2 Likes

That’s pure speculation on your part.
We know the damage to his neck wasn’t done Sunday. Stop. Think.
The hit yesterday was hard enough to damage his neck. It’s not a stretch (in the slightest) to believe it damaged his head, too.
And really, I think you need to watch the replay. That was an involuntary response on his part. He hit the ground hard with his weight above his head, with added downward force and momentum.
I’d take my case to court every day of the week, and win.
A judge would look at the replay, and throw your case out. Especially given that team and NFL doctors cleared him Sunday. You can’t dismiss expert testimony on emotional grounds.

Not disagreeing that he would have most likely had a concussion from last night’s injury, even without one on Sunday. The risk that comes into play with back-to-back concussions is Second Impact Syndrome (SIS).

" Second impact syndrome (SIS), or repetitive head injury syndrome, describes a condition in which individual experiences a second head injury before complete recovery from an initial head injury. Recently SIS has gained increased attention as many cite athletes sustaining a concussion and returning to the sport early as being particularly at risk. Though it is a relatively rare condition, physicians should be aware of SIS, and educate patients who have experienced or are at risk of experiencing a head injury, as the syndrome is often deadly." ~ ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

4 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with any of it. I’m just pointing out that it would be impossible to prove.
And, his hands response lends credibility to the neck impact being severe, and by association, the head trauma would have been severe, too.
All we have to go on from Sunday are the Doctors reports.
Everybody is a conspiracy theorist. Some of us know that we are.

1 Like

That was on Aeneus Williams in Arizona

1 Like

They’ve proven that more times than I can count over the years. They care about the players they profit from. That’s it. Once you have no more use or marketability you’re cast out and forgotten.

1 Like