Prayers for Tua

He was not in protocol last week. This week, he obvious is so actually this is some good news in this matter. The NFL concussion protocol REQUIRES the player to be seen by at least one independent neurologist outside of and not tied to the NFL. He can see more than one, but one is mandatory.

Sad, but true. The corruption of the NFL continues to be revealed and exposed. I gotta say it’s kinda making me not want to watch. I still support the Lions and their players of course, but my care meter is getting lower and lower each passing scandal. I’m pretty sure many of you guys feel the same.

2 Likes

Its like I tell my kids, if the first action they do is bad they’re already in trouble, but if they lie to me they’re in even bigger trouble. The NFL lies to your face like you’re an idiot. No concussion on Sunday…Back Injury… get the F out of here.

They’re lousy people for sure. I love the sport but its run by evil.

6 Likes

It Is True GIF by Big Brother

1 Like

This really is the bottom line. Lying about what obviously happened Sunday is why people are up in arms today and want blood. Everyone saw, everyone knew. In the end this will be glossed over and the only heads that will roll will be low level sacrificial lambs. As Fitzmagic pointed out…what happened on Sunday was not “normal.” Players have been pulled from the game by “spotters” for less. It has even cost teams games. Sunday was nothing more than a well orchestrated fraud that everyone could see thru that led to the chickens coming home to roost on Thursday.

I am not a “grab the pitchforks” kind of a person. But in this case with that organization it applies. But it will never happen. Money talks. I feel sorry for the SOB who gets to be the fall guy.

4 Likes

Green Bay Packers Thank You GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

LOL, I wouldn’t contest that.

For us and most of the league, forward progress will be where the ball was when he established possession (two feet down).

I’m not sure why everyone is so positive about this.

The non-team doctor is part of the analysis to cover the NFL’s ass. He or she had no incentive to let an injured player go back onto the field; if anything, those individuals seem to have every incentive to err on the safe side. They get no reward for a player going back on the field, but you can bet your bottom dollar there’s real blowback for a missed diagnosis.

I’m not arguing that there couldn’t have been an error. I’m also not arguing that the NFL actually gives a shit about player health. They do care about the ongoing viability of the league, though, and these conspiracy theories that postulate the League risking more bad PR to have Tua play don’t make any sense.

1 Like

This is where the league picks winners and losers. Forward progress is either determined where he caught it or where he ended up depending on what jersey he’s wearing at the time. As fans we pick up and run with the logic of whatever call is made. But in the end…the call was not consistent with other calls that have been made. The part that I noticed the most was that he wasn’t spotted “just shy” of where he caught it. He was spotted a full 2 yards shy of where he caught it. That is what made it an extreme interpretation of the rule that is not consistent with how they have ruled on other plays. And I will say it again. If you are a Packer…that is a 1st down. And they will use a logic train that people will happily get on board with. Even though it isn’t consistent with how they just ruled that play.

Let me ask you this. Have you actually SEEN the exact play that everyone is referring to when they talk about “Tua on Sunday?” Its very, very important to the context of the conversation. If you wrote a book on what a player looks like with a brain injury, it was Tua on that play Sunday. The idea that they wrote it off as a back injury was mind boggling and clearly a coordinated lie.

Let’s not leave this to doubt. Let’s watch the film together. Watch until the end.

4 Likes

My question is did the doctor who cleared him to return to the game see this video? I have to think the answer is no. If the answer is no, someone needs to lose their job. If the answer is yes, the doctor needs to lose his job.

1 Like

The people that clear him to play are supposed to be at the game and watching the same things that fans see. But realize this. You are looking for a fall guy, whether you realize it or not. There isn’t a single doctor on earth who is worth his salt that would have seen Tua on Sunday and determined everything was fine. That guy was told what he was supposed to find. That is the guy that will get fired and the guys responsible for it are the ones I say will puff their chest out and say how they do not tolerate that kind of behavior.

As much as we want to pay attention to this we know how it is going to turn out. The coaches involvement will be determined by his wins/losses and the owners involvement will be determined by his ticket sales/revenue.

2 Likes

Tyrell Cosby was tweeting about it too from
His experience with injury and process

Interesting that you bring him up. People are going off on Miami in this thread but we’re also going off on tyrell at the time. Shows how fickle, biased and hypocritical fans can be.

1 Like

I don’t think it will even come to that.

The investigation will complete and will find no problem with the process they took during the Sunday game. That will end that.

Which means there will be no connection between Sunday’s game and Thursday’s game.

Thursdays game will be addressed as his first concussion and they will now follow the protocols to a T and have him back on the field after, maybe, missing 1 or 2 games.

And that will be the end of the story.

Nobody will get fired, nobody will get fined, nobody will lose draft picks, etc.

Crosby ostracized himself by not staying in shape and not showing up for OTAs with the new regime. Lions never forced him to play hurt.

2 Likes

This. All day long and twice on Sundays.

1 Like

Yup - Let’s add a 17th game!
…cuz that’s our best way of looking out for players

3 Likes

I don’t think the dolphins put a gun to anyones head.

2 Likes

Same. I’m over billionaires doing shady things to get more money they don’t really need.

1 Like

The Office Lie GIF

3 Likes