Pro Days 2023

Really just waiting on more RAS scores from pro days. I’ve already pulled all the data I need from PFF.

Specifically with Trice, I have him currently at a 8.66 on the KCS, which is coincidentally is the same same exact grade that Melifonwu had coming out. I’m still on the 2nd iteration of the score in terms of how I weight certain things, so it may change, but from where I am now I would think that he isn’t ruled out.

Ooh, I love it. This is why you’re the man for this sort of thing, the statistical know-how. I wonder where Porter and Banks fall on those new PFF metrics because they’re just outside of it (like Trice) based upon the original premise.

Sadly, I love data and spreadsheets (I better since I spend 90% of my career in them lol)…Currently, I have Banks at a 8.60 and Porter at a 8.48. Ranking #7 and #8 (Trice is #5)…but still waiting on RAS scores for 13 more CBs on PFFs big board.

What I really need to figure out is a way to give ‘dawg/football guys’ a score to weigh that in to really fine tune it. But I’m not the best talent evaluator and don’t have the time to go through and assign potential dawg points lmfao

If I had any takers who think that they could help do that with all the players on PFFs big board, that would be yuuuuge, because I do think that have that ‘it/dawg/football guy’ score is a big part of the process.

1 Like

Just stopping in to thank @Thats2 and others for these threads and analysis of draft prospects.

Helps break it down in an understandable way for those of us who aren’t gifted in the scouting area.

You guys are the best!

3 Likes

Now, thats going straight to their heads. :laughing:

1 Like

Have you thought about weighing Pro day metrics differently? Probably way too much work. It just seems like pro day results are almost always inflated.

It might end up being relative across the same year since the Indy track is supposedly so fast. Doesn’t work as well when compared historically, but across the same year it may actually work better.

1 Like

Some numbers finally starting to come in from the Illinois pro day…

2 Likes

Case looks like a small-ish slot receiver in the mold of Cole Beasley, but with better long speed. Maybe he’s more like Isabella but from a quick look-see I don’t think so.

Pihlstrom is a former TE with a terrible mustache. Very athletic guy and still relatively new to the position. With that testing there’s definitely some upside there. Only switched over to center his final year and while he struggled at the beginning, really came on at the end including very good game against Keeanu Benton. One to keep an eye on IMO.

Woods is your classic small, penetrating 3T with the expected athleticism. High motor guy with decent length but not a ton of production.

All 3 are probably UDFA with Pihlstrom probably having the best chance of squeezing into the back end of the draft.

1 Like

Philstrom is over 6’5” tall and arms over 33 inches…
that sounds like a OT…
and he is athletic…. like holy crap 3-cone…

so where is this guy getting picked???

Some of the TE to OT transitions have worked out well in the past,
so he seems like an intriguing guy from a tools perspective.

1 Like

Just what I was thinking. Of course as with most guys like him holding up at the POA is an issue, but apparently really improved as the season wore on. I don’t know why he was never tried at tackle but I think both years before this one were spent at guard.

Maybe he could be one of the rare OL with 5-position versatility. That would greatly affect his draft stock.

1 Like

Found a couple more, haven’t been put in RAS form yet by Kent

Terrell Jennings, CB, Illinois - size unknown (listed at 6’1, 190), 4.47 40, 6.95 3-cone, 4.18 shuttle, 32 vert, 9’10 broad

Tyler Adams, WR, Butler - 5’11, 195, 4.44 40, 7.25 3-cone, 4.25 shuttle, 35.5 vert, 9’10 broad

1 Like

We just need an all-Illinois draft to lock down the Super Bowl for the next 4 years.

1 Like

What a defensive backfield, sheesh.

Another one, this guy’s definitely making a play for the all-name team:

Mac Hippenhammer, WR, Miami OH: 5’11, 177. 4.53 40, 6.99 3-cone.

Also, there’s this:

1 Like

I follow and appreciate all of your draft tidbits. Keep’em coming as the spirit moves you.

1 Like

With a name like Hippenhammer he should have played hockey.

2 Likes

It would be huge. That’s the hardest piece of data to get. There are no databases that give you guys with only one ass cheek.

1 Like