Pro Days 2023

Pro Days have started. Witherspoon is supposed to workout Friday so I thought we needed a thread.
Not a lot have happened yet but there’s been a few.

Including one of my favorite late round linebacker options:

6 Likes

Do Pitt and Syracuse go early in the cycle? Curious to see what those two RBs run.

1 Like

Here’s the schedule:

Looks like Syracuse is the 20th and Pitt is the 29th.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting that. I’ll be glad to see numbers early on Marte Mapu/Sacramento State and Shaquan Davis/South Carolina State. If the numbers are bad, I’ll have time to move on to other draft crushes… :grinning:

I know Indiana already had their pro day but I’m having trouble finding info on the results. Tiawan Mullin (CB); Cam Jones (LB) and Luke Haggard (OL) should be of interest to us. I know we had scouts there.

I wonder if Jalen Carter does a full workout on the 15th?

Another one came in…

Cam Jones, LB, Indiana: 6’1, 226, 31 1/4 inch arms, 4.69 40, 1.62 ten-yard split, 33 inch vert.

He looks draftable as a special teams ace. As a coverage LB I was hoping he was a little faster.

Yeah so was I. Especially checking in at 226.

Jaleel Billingsley, TE, Texas (Formerly of Alabama): 6’4, 200, 4.57 40, 7.04 3-cone, 4.44 shuttle, 36 vert, 9’9 broad

DeMarvion Overshown, LB, Texas: 7.14 3-cone, 4.49 shuttle, 36.5 vert, 10’5 broad (stood on 4.56 40 from combine, 1.59 split)

Charlie Jones, WR, Purdue: 6.84 3-cone, 4.15 shuttle (stood on other numbers from combine)

Cory Trice, CB, Purdue: 6.70 3-cone ( :eyes:), 3.96 shuttle ( :eyes:) (stood on other numbers from combine)

Payne Durham, TE, Purdue: 14 bench reps, 7.15 3-cone, 4.51 shuttle (stood on other numbers from combine)

Reese Taylor, CB, Purdue: 4.45 40, 6.63 3-cone, 4.07 shuttle, 38.5 vert, 10’4 broad (good workout)

Truman Jones, EDGE, Harvard: 6’3, 250, 33.5 inch arms, 4.66 40, 7.3 3-cone, 4.39 shuttle, 37 vert, 10’2 broad

1 Like

Can this be pinned, like the combine thread was? @Nate

Those Purdue guys can run a good 3-cone!

Here they are in pretty RAS form:

Also it looks like Witherspoon’s not working out at Illinois today. He’s gonna have his own personal pro day on April 5th

2 Likes

There is a growing narrative, perhaps not deserved, that he’s hiding speed and non fluid hips…the longer he waits I’m sure it’s just gunna grow louder.

4 Likes

Yeah that will absolutely happen. And it might be true too.

2 Likes

Mr. Trice ate his wheaties for sure. Very nice day for the kid.

It will be interesting to see if @Davicus includes him in the Brad’s type of prospect write-up since his PFF score is just outside the range Holmes seems to prefer.

I’m actually playing with some numbers and seeing how 3 year scores weighted by snaps change things. I’m playing with a lot of weights in the formula with I have come up with as the “KCS: Knee Cap Score”

2 Likes