QB Draft…

Listen, I get it, the Lions are in the heart of a playoff chase but I still enjoy draft talk so bear with me.

As history has shown, what we know in December almost always turns out to be incorrect come April. There will be risers and guys that drop in what we see as the top guys.

As a Lion fan, it is pretty obviously, we should be rooting for Jalen Carter or Will Anderson but this will be a prime year for drafting a QB as well. Should the Lions be taking one….I believe they should but if they decide not to, they will have plenty of folks looking to trade up for one.

I count as many as 6 teams in the current top 10 that will be in the market come draft time. That is a lot of potential for trade ups.

#Texans
#Seahawks
#Colts
#Falcons
#Panthers
#Saints

Starting to wonder if trading out of pick 4/5 and dropping back a couple might be our dream scenario. Would still be able to get the CB we want and still have the Lions pick later in the first round (hopefully pick 31).

Chicago is sitting in the catbird’s seat if it comes down to a team trading up for a QB. As your list implies, a trade partner will be leap-frogging Seattle and Indy, who may be picking 3rd and 6th.

QB-needy teams sit at 1, 3 and 6.
QB-OK teams are at 2, 4 and 5.

If you need a QB, who are you negotiating with? You gonna want two other teams to take their QB before getting yours? You moving up to 4 for the 3rd QB? (Trey Lance says hi.) Or are you moving up to 2 for the 2nd QB?

1 Like

Actually, there will be better prospects next year.

1 Like

I am talking about teams needing QB’s.

2 Likes

My opinion doesn’t change.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.