QB Question

Bears took boyle off of our practice squad, thank you bears. Which led to us grabbing dobbs

2 Likes

Here is the thing though. No one drafted will be better then Goff next year. No one. If there is a franchise qb you take him and give him Time to grow into that role. Like they did w mahomes and smith.

I agree you don’t draft a guy to be a backup in any other position………you do for qb if you are in the situation Detroit is in. Had we taken Herbert he would have sat for a year behind stafford. I don’t want a qb in the first. I want carter and he’ll maybe thst tyree kid or porter.

3 Likes

Next years qb class could be better

1 Like

Also with the draft being in Detroit, that is when they will mortgage a little of the future to move up and get their QB

1 Like

So if goff goes full goff, then next year might be the year

No his contract is up.after the 2024 season, we draft his replacement and let him.sit and learn for a year before moving on from him. Unless he has an incredible year next year

1 Like

I will leave this here

2 Likes

I think most are on same page. Goff doesn’t need replacement but… if someone falls at qb in the draft you grab him. Example…. If young falls to lions 2nd pick you have to grab him dont you? That is if he passes all tests on and off the field… if he falls for a valid reason then you pass but if it’s because hes short and light and thats the only reason and theres no good trade offer… if hes bpa then you take him. Same with one of the other 3 qbs if they fall to rd 2. But this holds for any high ranked player. Lions dont need a tackle but if one of the top one falls i say grab him. They are in a position where they have enough extra picks that they can do this and sit someone.

2 Likes

Goff before the bye week in 2021
Win / loss: 0-8
Comp / Att: 206/308 (66.9%)
Yards: 1,995 (6.5 per attempt, 249 per game)
TD / INT: 8-6
Rating: 85.4

Goff after the bye week in 2021
Win / loss: 8-9-1,
Comp / Att: 389/591 (65.8%)
Yards: 4,272 (7.2 per attempt, 237 per game)
TD / INT: 30-9
Rating: 97.6

Statistically, Goff over his last 18 games is up there with the best seasons Stafford had in Detroit. Goff has really grown in Detroit, he got dumped into just about the worst situation you could imagine, a rebuild with a low-talent roster and a no-talent WR room, and even now, with only one truly reliable pass catcher who also missed some time, he has put up very good numbers and led the offense to being one of the most potent in the league.

If the D kept teams to 24 or less in every game of Goff’s last 18 his record would be 12-4-2 and no one would even be talking about drafting a QB. The offense is good, and if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. The defense is where major upgrades are needed.

1 Like

Agree. Also - Swift WILL be hurt for 1/3 of the season. What if he an J-Will get hurt at the same time? Losses for no reason? Time to get a replacement for my brother Swift. Love the guy, but he’s just not available enough often enough.

Not good enough! No QB will ever be good enough until they are #1 in the NFL 5 years straight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.