QB Russell Wilson Officially Released

Mitch Trubisky, come on down! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I mean where is he gonna go where he could possibly start

LV? NE? Was?

Chicago will get Williams

Giants will give another year to Jones

Maybe Seattle to compete with Geno lol

Wilson didn’t really “change.” He was always a bit of an odd duck. The difference is winning vs losing. He had an NFC Championship Game where he went 14 of 29 with 4 INTs and allowed himself to get sacked 5 times. The positivity he displayed on the sidelines always stuck out as “strange” to me. They were down 19-7 partway thru the 4th quarter. His confidence was so high it was like he had been playing lights out and he was trying to inspire the rest of the team to step up to his level. As Pat McAfee point out after spending time around Russ, he is like a real life movie character. After a while it grades on you how out of touch he is from reality. And how every moment seems like its time for another movie line or script.

That is who Russ has always been. He didn’t deserve to go to the Super Bowl that year. The rest of the team carried him. But his energy suggested that he was the one carrying the team. He threw the game losing interception that year (famous play). It was only his 21st attempted pass of the game. The coaching staff knew who Russ was. And there was a reason why they didn’t let him throw a bunch of passes. He had 12 completions for the entire game…after throwing 4 INTs and 14 completions to get to the Super Bowl.

3 Likes

I say hell go to a team thats gonna take a QB in the draft. Not the top 3/4 qbs taken early.
But the guys taken in the late 1st or early 2nd.
Russ will start while the rookie develops then russ will become the backup

Dead Cap GOAT!

3 Likes

Kwesi on hearing the news of Wilson’s release

Kwesi GIF - Kwesi GIFs

2 Likes

I mentioned it earlier as i actually see it happening, they draft jj and have russ compete with him.

Yeah, Wilson was in his last 2 years with Seattle wobbling, cant believe people cant see that.

Also, as said above, they cant fire Elway and that drunkard idiot ljkely pushed them to go all in on a vet QB, and when they somehow lost on Rogers, their shitty plan B was pushed harder.

GMs get camned all the time for dumb ass ownership meddling…maybe not here yet, butnsoon, as Denver is finishing bottom 3 this year.

Sean Payton’s entire NFL success was with Drew Brees as his QB and Mickey Loomis destroying the salary cap.

I do wonder how Payton can handle a QB that isn’t a HOF. He definitely did no favors for Wilson . . .
Kind of like Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Is it the chicken or the egg?

2 Likes

Eggs for breakfast, wings for supper… I’m going egg comes first!

It could of been there was Lot fans here that loved Wilson and his dual threat capabilities.

So much better to have a dual threat QB than one with a noodle-arm that cant run.
smirk-smug

Payton didn’t do great his last season in New Orleans without Brees. They had a pretty crummy QB carousel and went 9-8.

To be fair, Russell was way better under Payton than the year before under Hackett

2 Likes

The Patriot Dynasty doesn’t happen without Brady. However, Brady wouldn’t have been Brady without Belichick. They had a symbiotic relationship.

1 Like

100%

Circumstances mean everything in the NFL

1 Like

I think Payton is likely a bit overrated as an Offensive Coach but Russ was simply cooked. He was a higher end version of Jeff Garcia. Once the athleticism falters there just aren’t that many workable components.

Please Russ cookin in Minny
Bo Callahan in Chi city

Wish i could be honest…

One of the reasons why he needed the athleticism was because he doesn’t make as many on time anticipation throws like a Jared Goff (or CJ Stroud). So he’s not seeing the field or is scared to make decisions. That led to alot of running around on plays that the ball should have already been delivered to the open receiver.

2 Likes