Quandre Diggs

Love Quandre but he’s too old. Marcus Williams should be the free agent.target.

1 Like

Diggs will be 29yo for 2022… so a 3 year deal has him here thru his age 31 season.

Micah Hyde just turned 31yo, Harrison Smith was 32yo in 2021 (just turned 33), Malcom Jenkins and Kareem Jackson are 33yo, and McCourty is 34yo for comparison.

Some of the best safeties in the NFL are in their 30s… so I think a 3 year deal with an easy out after 2 years would be good.

4 Likes

Yeah but I’m looking at the timeline and upside as well. Williams is already good and has plenty of prime years left and I think he fits their competitive window better.

I wouldn’t be opposed to Diggs but I’d be more inclined to spend a little more for the younger guy who is also familiar with the DC, more seamless transition into the system.

I’m pretty sure Quinn’s pitch to the feckless dolts who own this train wreck wasn’t “I’m going to run off all the talent with my HC hire”.

The more I think about it, the more I think Patricia really effed Bob Quinn. I mean, Quinn was a Fauntleroy Peter Principled schmuck, but Patricia is really one of the worst assholes to have a position of power in organized football history

4 Likes

Agreed. Quinn actually wasn’t terrible in his first off-season. If I remember correctly, he grabbed Marvin Jones via FA and drafted Decker, A’Shawn Robinson and Glasgow in the first three rounds.

1 Like

Yup - non-Detroit fans won’t vote for Lions, and that makes a difference.

Yes, for sure! Patricia is the exact opposite of what we have now, in every measurable way, as well as the non-measurable ones.

You can measure it, you just need special equipment:

1 Like

I think this is quite likely. Batboy had his draft misses, but the deconstruction of the team and total wasting of money seemed to be in support of Fatboy’s wishes.

Quinn was a okay-ish GM. Patricia was quite possibly the worst head coach to ever waddle the sidelines.

you really ought to write short stories or something. what a perfect description.

Don’t tell anyone, but Weasel is actually Dennis Miller. He can’t help but flaunt his book learnin’.

1 Like

Word. Diggs was the last straw for me. Inexcusable. He was literally my favorite Lion…could always close well. That’s great to hear that he doesn’t hold a grudge towards the big D.

2 Likes

Urban Meyers may have something to say about that…

Robinson should have never been a second round pick. He was solid though. Better than most of our second round picks sadly.

I love Dennis Miller in small doses

He has some funny and smart ideas, but he tries so hard to make sure everyone knows just how smart he is that it comes off very tedious. And to me, tedium and comedy aren’t natural partners.

Wait, did I just insult you?

1 Like

The Office Thats GIF

2 Likes

Am I tedious?

If no, then you didn’t.

If yes, then, like Dennis I simply don’t care.

I’m more Ted-ious, I think.

caught ted GIF

2 Likes

Yup.

Actually same could be said for Weiss, McDaniels,
Etc too…. Romeo seems like a quiet,
Nice guy?

Otherwise the NE tree acted Liked they somehow carried the TB12/BB gene simply by existing there for a moment.