Quintria ruined the Lions because Tua is HIM

So Tua was electric on Sunday. And I know you cant take those stats and multiply them by 17 and say hes going to throw for a million yards this season.

But from 2021-today. Hes played in 21 complete games where he wasnt concussed.
And his stats are MVP level.

Could you imagine what the lions would be like with Tua instead of Okudah……

Tua or Herbert?

Tua easy!
I feel like tua is more accurate.
But herbert. Is more flashy.

But both are far better than okudah

Tua >> Hurts >> Herburt >>>> Okudah >Love.

1 Like

But are either a QB that has led a team to the SB?

I can not believe how much everyone values stats and flash and discounts winning…a quote from Tom Brady…ok maybe not but Goff is so good. He literally gets no respect.

4 Likes

I was a fan of Tua. He was who I most wanted to take if we couldn’t trade him to Miami for a haul. Okudah was my non QB choice (whoops).

That being said Tua has one of the most ideal QB situations in recent QB history IMO.

3 Likes

I wanted Herbert

2 Likes

Oh i agree. I love Goff. Hes perfect for what the lions need. Tua has been injured a lot because Miamis O line is trash. He will win in the playoffs if they can keep him healthy.

Hence why i dont like Herburt flashy but lots of turn overs and NOTHING in the playoffs

It’s not a given that Tua finishes the year. His health is a walking time bomb.

2 Likes

Here is a quick look at just his college injuries, before the big boyz started hitting him.

1 Like

Tua had the highest qbr last year. Also helps having Hill and Waddle to throw the ball to. Fastest offense in the league.

2 Likes

Tua has been better than I thought he would be. But it sure as hell don’t hurt throwing to two bona-fide number 1’s in Hill and Waddle. Give Tua Reynolds and Jones and you’re not getting those gawdy passing mumbers. Likewise for Goff, give him Hill. And suddenly he’s airing it out like he did when he had Cooks. I will say though, Tua does have some pretty sweet ball placement.

4 Likes

Nothing serious in terms of injury.

The only major thing i see an issue with is the concussions.

Which obviously one of them should have been treated MUCH earlier that they did.

Which as long as they protect him he should be fine.

Also all the other injuries are just minor bumps and bruises.

Most of those injuries are low hits on his legs. Which ANY QB would have an issue with.

Oh having those to WR is a HUGE boost.

But half of his games hes thrown for over 70%! Thats elite ball placement.

Tua is one hit away from the street for good.
The grass is greener syndrome runs deep up in here.

7 Likes

What? His college career came to an early end due to injury.

3 Likes

Sure but these players can be great and not be in a Super Bowl. In fact , the draft can help bury a guy in a bad franchise.

Stafford didn’t suddenly become good enough in year 13 although the might not have been good enough in year 3…he got better with better coaching

1 Like

A couple of things on this topic. Lots of good QBs never win or even play in the SB for sure. But the Lions have one of those guys and many seem to act like they need to “upgrade” if they ever want to win a SB. Which is horse crap.

And as far as ball placement. A 10 game bender of no INT and no one seems to appreciate what Goff is doing right now.

Here he is hitting his prime. He has clearly figured some things out. And is now putting the ball where his guy can make a play but not the other guy. Turnovers are murder to a team and offense (see Allen). Which BTW I used to love me some Stafford but I am now seeing that a QB that minimizes risk and knows how to run an offense will lead to more victories.
I think Goff is a game manger plus. Similar to a Brady but not at his level (not comparing the 2 results just styles). Where Cousins is a pure game manager.

3 Likes

Ever since I first saw him in the Alabama spring game his arm stroke reminded me of Mark Brunell. And Brunell wasn’t a coach here back then. He wasn’t top of mind.

See Tom Brady.

1 Like

Tua makes good decisions. It’s just durability and maybe arm strength that are the potential limitations.

He’s accurate as hell and throws such a catchable
ball. Hill and Waddle are perfect for him.

1 Like