Ragnow: Fractured Throat

Hope he recovers well. Goes without saying that could have been real serious.

Some how he played the last 3 Quarters with it. Tough dude to be sure.

1 Like

How in the hell do you fracture a throat? And should the Packer that did it be called for illegal hands to the head and neck area?

8 Likes

The Green Bay Ref Ball Suckers get away with all sorts of crap.

1 Like

Good lord, that is a horrible combination of words.

3 Likes

Nah, the ref would have flagged Ragnow for holding the defender’s hand with his neck.

3 Likes

Maybe his Hyoid bone? Dentist here and it’s the only bone I can think of in the area. But that’s super rare unless someone gets strangled or something.

1 Like

Ian Rapoport tweeted that the injury is a laryngeal fracture and offered up this information from the National Institute of Health. Lions beat writer Dave Birkett offered a little more detail on the injury. Specifically, “His airway/breathing is fine, and he can eat, but he’s not supposed to talk right now. Trying to determine how much time he’ll need to be out.”

A laryngeal fracture requires considerable impact force. Almost 80 to 90% of laryngeal injuries, fracture/dislocations, and separation usually result from significant high-velocity blunt trauma.

1 Like

As a CT tech I was thinking the same thing

1 Like

Man I hate he played through it
That lions didn’t stop him or didn’t know to stop him

1 Like

I didn’t know you could fracture your throat. It sounds like it might be tough to drink any liquids without it spouting out.

Grab a Packers shoulder pads - penalty.

Crush the throat of a Lion - nothing?

2 Likes

Yikes!! Anywhere else but a football f wild and that aggravated assault with intent to do bodily harm?!

It was probably just a straight right to the throat, no big deal.

Only Chuck Norris ever survived this… until Ragnow!’

10 Likes

They probably would have flagged Flowers as well …just referee muscle memory stuff

2 Likes

Ragnow got a throat but golladay been nursing that hip… KG can go and is replaceable.

4 Likes

Damn, that sounds unpleasant.

Is that roadhouse?

1 Like

roundhouse?

1 Like

That is Patrick Swayze in 1989s Roadhouse. Seen it many times on cable.

2 Likes