Raiders reportedly planning to suspend Antonio Brown

It wasnt even Mack they were trying to replace. It was Amari Cooper. Remember, Cooper was DOA supposedly when he was shipped to Dallas for a 1st round pick. Then Cooper promptly blew up in Dallas. Which means, the Raiders now had a new need for a #1 WR. So they figured, we can trade for AB and spin it like we traded Cooper and a 3rd+5th for AB and a 1st. Which they tried to do.

Little did they know, AB was a headcase. Now, with the news that AB WON’T be suspended, Mayock has been neutered. Its now clear that Gruden calls the shots, and AB stirs the drink. AB pushed to see how much he could get away with, and he got his way. Mayock is going to regret taking that job and I will bet he is back on NFL Network for the draft in 2020.

Just announced he will play Monday Night

They did say MAY play. You’ve seen what can happen in 24 hours. How about 72? :wink:

1 Like

They said “the plan” is for him to play…but as you point out…plans could change by game time Monday Night depending on how much more bullshit AB pulls before there

1 Like

Collapsing just in time to suck in Vegas, I love it! :smile:

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 2??:thinking:

1 Like

That was at least entertaining.

Besides, I think that’s OJ’s job.

“As The NFL Turns”…The 24/7 soap opera that occasionally plays football.

…which makes this year’s Hard Knocks that more disappointing. It’s so boring, yet shouldn’t be.

Knock on wood if you’re with me!

Now Brown is sharing phone conversations he had with Gruden on YouTube. He’s clearly lost his mind… In what world is that going to improve the situation? He just made good with the team during a “heartfelt apology” and now he’s pulling this crap. So glad we don’t deal with drama players on the Lions.

In that phone call Gruden is trying to talk AB off the ledge and AB isn’t really listening because he takes things too personal.

If I were Oak I’d suspend and fire him under conduct detrimental to the team and just move on. Collect back what they can of his contract.

Gruden made a huge mistake signing AB and if he’s a smart GM he’d move on.

1 Like

FWIW: There’s concern that they can’t actually prove it’s detrimental.

I think Mayock is the GM at Oakland

But in any case I agree. They just need to cut their losses right now

That video has to be the last straw he has officially lost his mind.I think there is real concern he may have CTE or something his behavior is just too outlandish.He is going to cost himself alot of $$$$ the guy needs help.If I’m Mayock he is released this morning.

Physically threatening the GM should be proof enough, I would think.

And according to this video, you need “consent” from all parties before you release a confidential conversation in the state of California. So now there’s legal action that could be taken if they wanted.

I agree with the rest of you guys, the team is more important than one player. Cut him and move on.

There was mention of Sept. 13th being an important roster date for Antonio to get paid, so something to keep your eye on.

His salary for the season is fully guaranteed if he’s on the opening day roster. If he gets beyond that threshold, I can’t see them making a move other than keeping him for the season.

Is that the Sept. 13th date they were referring to?

I think this is true in most states, its why you have the recordings saying “This call may be recorded for quality purposes” on most customer service lines.

AB is trying to get himself fired. He already ended Mayock’s sham of a GM job, its clear Gruden rules the roost, and AB just rick rolled Gruden.

I have no idea where the 13th comes from. His salary is guaranteed at kickoff on September 9th.