Dude survived a game intact. Baby steps
I thought he flashed a bit. And not in that Joe Cullen kind of way.
Looked like the teams best corner, which is ■■■■■■■ terrifying
I have been wrong so far but I expected him to break out this year.
Few flashes today that tell me not ALL hope is lost.
I wonder if he half asses practices
I’m eyeing the injured list.

Rakestraw waking up tomorrow morning.
I have been saving this for awhile. But when he next gets injured we can call him Breakstraw.


He played well from my eyes. Just hope he can stay healthy
He att least is not a SMURF. Look at other teams secondary we have to be the shortest in whole league.
Most teams shortest is 5,11 Lions thats the tallest. He the tallest is also the slowest. We added some size lately. But not top end skill.
I remain same about are secondary we are to small overal an tell me why we can teach develop not all pros but just good secondary players?
We let one walk from last season an he is ranked number two in league this season so far an he is a smurf .Many on here said let him walk an we did an Washington based on media over paid him . That was reported when he signed by media an now he is a great bargin. The D system has something to do with poor secondary so IMO does the size overal. But we seldom look back an i think are secondary coaches now an past don’t develop secondary as good as they could. We have two quality on IR one i am afraid will not play well again but Branch can help when he returns an gets healthy. I would start Rake for sure next week an Reed needs to really play better or sit him.
He played poorly against Jets. I thought overal the Safeties played a ok game.

I’m back on the Ennis Rakestraw bandwagon.
I would have been happy if he was their first round pick that’s how much i liked him and how much of a fit i thought he was. And many outlets had him there. There was a time I didn’t think he’d be available.
I loved his man-to-man coverage ability, and his aggressiveness. He’s a dawg. Exactly what we like in our players.
He was like a poor man’s Witherspoon to me. As far as I know he could be an all-pro, but I always saw him at best as a legit starting caliber CB. Like what we hoped DJ Reed would be. I don’t think anyone here or I hope no one here expected Reed to have probowl CB1 ability. Legit starter ability yes. And right now he’s getting burned being relied on as a top CB1.
If you watch Rake against the Jets, man that technique, his quickness, those hips… he looked good And playing within the play. You can tell all off-season he’s someone who wants to be great and will work at it.
I trashed him because he looked like trash and I was tired of getting my hopes up, but I’m rooting for the guy again.
It would so huge for us for him to even be a solid player who stays healthy
Eh. One decent game, with 23 snaps. I’m going to need to see more before forming any solid opinion here.
Perfectly understandable but there’s now HOPE. Most of us lost all hope in him.

I want Rake to succeed. We need Rake to succeed.
Let’s call it success and pray we see more.