Rams--->Lions pick

Right now the Rams will be the only team with a 5-11 record, which puts their draft pick at number 6. The pick will end up anywhere from pick 4 to pick 9. Unfortunately, the best chance is probably pick 6 (which means the Lions don’t make the playoffs), pick 5 (if Indy beats Houston) or pick 9 (if the Rams beat the Seahawks). Right now, here is where it is:

1. Den–>Sea 4-12 SOS: .487 Week 18: home vs. Chargers. Denver has a worse SOS, so even if they win and the Rams lose, Denver will hold onto the 3 pick and will give it to Seattle.

2. Arizona 4-12 SOS: .525 Week 18: @ 49ers. If Cards win and Rams lose, Rams will pick before Cards with the current SOS tie-breaker. Go Cards.

3. Indy 4-11-1, SOS .507, Week 18: vs. Texans. Obviously, if rams lose and Indy wins, Rams move to 5. Texans may need to lose to secure 1OA, since Bears are only a half game behind.
    Go Colts.

4. Rams 5-11, SOS: .508, Week 18: @ Seahawks Go Rams. (weird, I know!)

5. Las Vegas 6-10 SOS: .469 Week 18 Chiefs. If Rams win and Las Vegas loses, Las Vegas picks ahead of the Rams based on SOS tiebreaker. Go Raiders.

6. Atlanta 6-10, SOS: .470, Week 18: vs. Bucs If Atlanta loses and Rams win, Atlanta picks ahead of the Rams based on SOS. Bucs are locked into the 4 seed so may rest starters. Go Falcons.

7. Carolina 6-10, SOS: .474, Week 18: @ New Orleans. If Rams win and Panthers lose, Panthers pick ahead of the Rams based on SOS tiebreaker. Go Panthers.

3 Likes

I will gladly take a lower pick if that means LA beats the Seahawks.

17 Likes

Absolutely. Rams owe us one.

4 Likes

Yep.

Not. Even. CLOSE.

No No No GIF

3 Likes

I’d be happy with pick 9 and pick 31.

9 Likes

Definitely rooting for the Rams.

The cool thing is that even if they lose and we miss the playoffs the consolation is a higher pick

9 Likes

Rooting for beans vs rooting for playoffs has me like…

Some things just don’t compute.

2 Likes

The absolute best case scenario:
Lions, Rams, Raiders, Falcons, Panthers all win. We make the playoffs, we get pick number 6. Pretty unlikley, but its fun to have a dog in the fight!

3 Likes

■■■■ beans.

playoffs baby

4 Likes

Lions got Sewell at #7.

#6 is a good spot, especially with a couple QB-needy teams above.

2 Likes

Superstitiously, I’m still mad at all those Lions fans that were rooting for the Packers over the Rams for bean position when the packers would have been eliminated by now and playing jordan love against the lions next week. It would be another blow out…

Winners root to win… Rooting for bean position is a losing game.

6 Likes

Gonzalez- CB
Bijan- RB
Skinner- SS
Beebe/Voorhees- RG
Jack Campbell- LB

Commish
Swaggy
Buggs
AA
Chark

J Hargrave
Jamel Deal

Commish/Paschal

J Hargrave/Levi O

McNeill/Buggs

Hutch/Houston

Campbell/Barnes

AA/Anzalone

Gonzalez

Okudah

J Dean

Skinner

K Joseph

3 Likes

But, do they? Goff is playing lights out. Stafford is older and the injuries are beginning to take their toll.
They won their Super Bowl, but, we won the trade, and it’s not even close, in my book. Goff is going to win at least one Super Bowl in Detroit.

2 Likes

When he does, the trade will be even. Its not even close right now.

pug gifmedogs GIF by Rover.com

1 Like

Rams are officially out of the running for 1/2 now

3 is less than one percent
4 went up to 2%
5 is up to 53%
6 is up to 19%

And 10th pick dropped below one percent

5-8 is where it’s narrowing too imho

3 Likes

Thanks @DeadDog !

Technically this is true only because 0 is less than 1. There’s no possible way we can get the tenth pick unless the NFL expands very quickly. LOL.

2 Likes

Probability vs possibility baby!! :upside_down_face::crazy_face:

When the teams are scheduled on Sunday will be a significant factor. I hope they all play in the same late game time slot because I want all contending teams motivated to win.

The worst scenario is that the Lions lose–duh–in an early game. At that point, Seattle would be deflated by their elimination which would make it easier for the Rams to snatch a win.

1 Like

I think slotting the Lions vs Packers game as the Sunday Night Game would be the most beneficial to the NFL.

No Matter what happens in the Seattle game it will still leave things unsettled for the Lions vs Packers game.

If Seattle does win against the Rams then the entire Pacific Northwest will be rooting for a Lions win.

If Seattle loses to the Rams then the Lions vs Packers will be for the last playoff spot.

So either way something will be up for grabs in that last game of the regular season, and on a national stage.

I personally hope they don’t get slotted for the Sunday Night Game. I want a normal 1:00pm Sunday Game slot. I definitely don’t want a Saturday game. F’ that.

2 Likes

F yo Beenz! Go Baker and the Rams! Let’s eat some seagull BBQ!

2 Likes