Rams site not happy with close call against Lions

At Miami and Jacksonville, it’s at least 30% Lions fans too. Love it

4 Likes

Ha. Maybe for guys. I loved the “W”s.

1 Like

It sure did. It was five short years ago.

While its not showing up as wins and losses, we seem to have a good effort in us every other week, between absolute chit shows.

49ers - good (actually by half it was bad then good), overall good
Packers - bad (the reverse, by half it was good then bad), overall bad
Ravens - good
Bears - bad
Vikings - good
Bengals - bad
Rams - good

Doesn’t bode well for next week vs, Eagles.

I was thinking the same thing! lol. They seem to play well every other week.

I don’t know why, but it doesn’t seem like it’s been 5 years.

I have two follow up thoughts on this.

One, did anybody REALLY think the NFL was going to let the Lions escape LA with a win? Goff beating LA after that trade the sacrificed the future for Stafford is an epic downer and momentum killer. I hate to be that guy, but I will be. I knew the minute they called Sewell for a hold (I think it was Sewell - we don’t even know for sure because the ref said #50) on the JW run, that we were hosed. LOL

Second, lets pretend we were allowed to win (And this does not suggest we would have won without the refs, we didn’t play quite well enough), The score after all that razzle dazzle needed to e 21-0. Not 13-0. Even 17-0 might have got us a W. But we couldn’t totally capitalize.

Whats the line on the bye in two weeks?

1 Like

Out here in San Diego there are a ton of Michigan transplants. Whenever I wear my Lions gear I meet another person who moved from MI; then I get to explain that I was born and raised in the Bay Area and have never been to Detroit.

Anyway, I’m not surprised at all that Lions fans showed up.

4 Likes

I wonder how it affects the lions moral i mean we not only threw the kitchen sink at them but hit them with it repeatedly only to get knocked the f out anyhow, tuff to get up from that i would think .I mean the season is pretty much a loss at this point but it should be interesting to see how they respond .

If they threw everything they had and still got blown out, can see getting demoralized. Being in it until the end, no way.

Except the eagles are the closest to us in terms of roster talent. The majority of the teams we’ve played have been among the most talented in the league. We held the bengals close until the defense tired and the wheels fell off. That bengals team just lit up the ravens on the road.

I thought we did a really good job at stopping the run yesterday. The Rams couldn’t get anything going in the running game. The only issue is that Stafford can make things work well through the air.

1 Like

My dad and I came from Phoenix to go to the game and the Lions crowd was so nice. There also seemed to be a decent number of fans who made the trek from Michigan to LA to go to the game (I saw a lot of Michigan licenses and overheard people talking about currently living in Ann Arbor, Livonia, etc.). Part of it is also the fact that the game was in LA, with Matthew Stafford, at the NFL’s newest stadium.

As an aside, the Rams fans couldn’t have been any nicer. The Rams fan sitting next to us offered us peanuts, popcorn, and water. Others were also very generous. I’d certainly go back to LA to watch the Lions play the Rams (or Chargers) again.

4 Likes

Did you ask them to run up and get you a burger? :wink:
Just kidding, man.
I like hearing about stuff like this.

1 Like

Some people love to feed the less fortunate. And being a Lions fan definitely qualifies.

Hungry Dinner GIF

5 Likes

Funny thing is, Stafford was the answer. Another 4th quarter comeback win under his belt. No turnovers, QBR of 117.2, 69% conversion rate on 3rd downs, pulled our guys offsides twice with his cadence, and delivered with the game on the line.

The issue in this game was McVeigh was out-coached for most of it. Caught off guard 3-times on special teams. Your “versus legit teams on the road” stat is a weird one to me cuz I dunno what it signifies. I think offensive and defensive rankings are a better indicator. Teams with Top-10 Os and Ds have best shot of being in the SB - no surprise there. Tom Brady threw 3 pix in the playoff game against GB last year - and still won because of that D.

2 Likes
1 Like

“Peanuts? I’ve got two right here. They’re bulky, but I consider them carry on.” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Still quote that to this day .

1 Like

that one got me too - hilarious!

1 Like

That defense was killer in the playoffs.

The answer will be if Staffy brings them the chip!!! Personally, I don’t think so. Just my opinion