Rams vs Cowboys

When the Rams lose to the Cowboys in the first round of the playoffs, what pick do we end up with?

21-22ish?

This is where my mind is.

1 Like

This certainly could happen. The Cowboys are tough this year, though they did just endure a weird loss.

Rams really hurt their chances, if they can’t beat the Cards. Should be a really good game. Let’s see how much V-Mill can help that already solid D out. Maybe they can put it down the way the Titans D put it down the other day?

Playoffs should be fun this year.

Holmgren still has a 1/2 a season to get his team right too, and the Bills are reeling.
Don’t bet against Tampa in the SB. Rams best bet would be to win the division and for Tampa to get outed before they have to face them. I don’t see all of that lining up. I’m predicting the Rams get beaten in the NFC Championship game by Tampa. Cards and Dallas are good. I think Dallas is more suited to run the gauntlet than the Cards are, because of their style of play. NFL’s “any given Sunday” principle is a real thing, for sure.

1 Like

The real question is who do the refs love more. If GB was part of the equation, then it’s a no-brainer.

2 Likes

That was my first thought as well.

I was half asleep last night, and saw the Cowboys winning the game in a weird dream/vision.

J. Jones’s many league “friends” are worth a few points to Dallas (if you can have a blatant interference penalty overturned, you can do anything).
Stafford’s frailty and inability to win a big game factors in as well.
Home field always worth a few points.

Respectfully- the Rams have to make the playoffs first….

They are “looking” like a 12-5 WC team.

But, their next game is away at SF: they could lose this one as well….

A team with a winning record will most likely miss the playoffs for the NFC imho…

1 Like

So strange to me. Right after “China Doll” conversations, Stafford set some sort of IronMan streak for most consecutive starts. I don’t know if you’re referencing physical or emotional frailty, but either way, couldn’t be farther from my truth. Giani question mark, in my head, as to where that take could/would come from.

1 Like

IMO, this is all true. Knocking off the Cards is a tall, tall order, and that’s what has to be done to avoid Wildcard. Brutal. Rams will beat Cowboys on the road, advance up to the Conference Championship game to lose to the Brady Bunch.

True, but @ 7-2 right now, if they don’t make the playoffs, that would be a complete disaster and McVay’s job would be on the line. They would probably have to go 3-5 in the next 8 games to possibly miss out and even then @ 10-7, might get in. I just can’t see them missing the playoffs unless Stafford gets injured. Remember it’s 7 teams that make the playoffs now, instead of 6.

1 Like

Rams are a really nice playoff team. They need to set themselves up so the playoff gauntlet is easier, and that doesn’t appear to be happening.

They may have to go through
@Dallas
@Cards
@ Tampa
That’s almost impossible for any NFL team

I still have the Bills winning it all and coming out of the AFC, thought the Titans are much better than I originally gave them credit for. I look for them to have more injury issues at RB, because of how they play. DAMN IT, we should have drafted J-Will.

I’m living in the moment.
He is currently listed with back and ankle issues.
These two injuries can linger, and be limiting, especially for a player with some miles on him.

2 Likes

As long as they don’t have to face the Jags again! Were the Bills all out drinking all night before the game in Florida!?

1 Like

I’d be surprised if he didn’t have some sort of stuff like that going on in any game past week 3, in his entire career. Dude has been running for his life on Sunday’s since he was 20 years old.

1 Like

LOL - wonder how much truth there is to that?
They’ll grow from it and be tougher because of it

1 Like

You are absolutely correct. 3/5 and they would be out for the most part.

But I see them staying with their current trend; losing to winning teams. Hence at least three more loses with that thinking.

If they drop this next game at SF, they will be one game from disaster imho…,

The way they are playing right now imho means no playoff advancement ….

The 6 teams that lose in wild card round pick 19-24 now… with 19th pick going to the team with worst record of those teams.

The current #8 seed is Carolina at 4-5… 3 full games behind the Rams.

Carolina may be in luck though… Darnold is injured and PJ Walker might be an upgrade at the moment… but predicting 6 more wins is tough when they play Cards, Bills, Saints, and Bucs (×2) in their last 8 games.

Then there is 49ers, Seahawks, and Vikings at 3-5… and Bears, Eagles, and Giants at 3-6 now. Hard to see any of these teams getting 7 wins in 8-9 tries.

3 Likes

The Cowboys also play in a really weak division. So that helps.

2 Likes

The Rams are a virtual lock to make the playoffs. The NFC is top heavy. The Rams would probably have to go something like 2-6 to miss entirely. They’ll probably end up 13-4 or 12-5 and end up as the top wild card depending heavily on that Arizona outcome.

1 Like

They’re tough too. Division helps. I’m looking forward to the day when the Linos don’t equal an automatic extra bye week.

I like Bufallo a lot, but I think everyone is Writing off New England this year. They have quietly won 3 in a row, their D looks good, and they are one game back of the Bills. It’s like Bellichick died because last year was bad. He is on pace to field a ten+ win team again.

1 Like