Rank the Football Movies You've Seen

First to worst!!! These are all the ones I actually recall seeing. Been 20+ for a few of them!

Remember the Titans
Varsity Blues
Touchback
Gridiron Gang
The Replacements
Little Giants
The Program
The Waterboy
Any Given Sunday
The Longest Yard (05)
The Last Boy Scout
Jerry Maguire
Friday Night Lights
Rudy
Game Plan
Blindside
Undefeated

Invincible was good
Titans 1
Any Given Sunday 2
Water Boy

1 Like

seen them all to-

Nothing on “All the Right Moves”?

My Favorites (leaving out the shitty ones):

1. “Heaven Can Wait” (1975)
  2. “The Freshman” (1925)
  3. “Friday Night Lights” (2004)
  4. “The Longest Yard” (1974)
  5. “North Dallas Forty” (1979)
  6. “Paterno” (2018)
  7. “School Ties” (1992)
  8. “Brian’s Song” (1972)

I don’t really have a list in order. To me, there are not many great football movies (for some reason).

I would say the best is Remember the Titans. The best TV series is Friday Night Lights which is geared toward teens and families, but I thought it was very well done.

One movie that I’ve always loved is “The Best of Times” with Robin Williams and Kurt Russell. Anybody who has dreamed about reliving the glory days and has a wife who doesn’t understand your obsession with football will love this movie - even if it is cheesy.

1 Like

what no Draft Day

I want my picks back, and I want David god damn Putney, just because I feel like it.

I bet Holmes released his inner Sonny Weaver on the trade up to get Jamo

1 Like

you should see north dallas forty that’s a pretty good one.

1 Like

North Dallas Forty - I love it because it’s about the Cowboys. I like figuring out who the actors character’s are based on.

blind side

Thank you all for some good feedback. I started watching football movies my freshman year. Our coach would put our team in a classroom after school before a home game and put in a VHS and we watched a football movie. No parents, no cheerleaders… Just coach and the guys!

The program, Rudy and varsity blues were the first 3 I remember seeing.

Glad to see there are more out there I have not seen. My boy will be a freshman and if their coach won’t do this for them then I might!

Over their 5th-8th grade years I put their film together and if they won I’d make them a short highlight reel. They seemed to really enjoy that stuff.

The Replacements is my favorite “I know it’s not great but I don’t care I love it” movie.

Lots of fun ones on your list… I like just about all of them

You can add “We Are Marshall” to the list…

What was it like seeing it in the movie theater? Was it a silent film? :rofl:

Mine is invincible as it’s based on a true story…

Kurt warners movie is good as well but not as gritty

I’m kind of ashamed to admit this but…

I’ve never seen Brian’s Song?

1 Like

Is that really a football movie? I do love that movie though.

Iol to be honest i dont even remember where in the movie there was football???

it was just on a list of football movies and i own it on dvd so I thought, “oh, ive seen that”

1 Like

Well it starts with a kick return and is all about gambling on football. Damon Wayans is a disgraced QB. The villain is a Texas oil man owner or something like that.

So there are football motifs. I guess I can see it.

2 Likes

Wildcats?

Oh and we are marshell