Ravens Extend DL Michael Pierce

One less DL option this offseason.

Are we looking for a NT? If so Grover Stewart please. Or Reader on a discount due to the injury.

But Grover Stewart would be a massive upgrade and add a ranginess when scraping down the line on outside zone and off tackle stuff. Jones doesn’t provide that. And with Stewart you get 4-5 sack type pocket pushing production.

5 Likes

You KNOW that’s Brads next move

Wouldn’t hate it. War Daddy to the max when healthy.

2 Likes

I’m down
Reader , Fuller Day 1
Clowney in a shocker soon after

Typically Clowney has pushed signing well into the offseason. You wonder if he strikes while the iron is hot this year based off of that production.

But yeah, a front of Hutch, Reeder, Alim and Clowney would be physical as can be.

So 2-year, 7.5mm total.

76 PFF score.

Seems like and absolute steal for him. About Buggs type money and a way better player.

I think we need a true starter at NT myself. Wilkins if we splurge, Reader if we want a potential difference maker for a slight discount with the injury, or Stewart if we just want a solid veteran presence. I would like to come away with one of those three.

My guess is Stewart makes the most sense financially and would make sense for a year or two while Martin develops.

3 Likes

Christian Wilkins at nose? He’s playing a lot of 5T but I think he’d be best a a 3T. I don’t get why you’d pay Wilkins 20m+ per and plug him in at NT.

1 Like

Miami won’t let him go
He won’t want to go
We will pay our guy Alim Mac for that role

Stewart played like at a pro bowl level in 2022. 70 tackles out of a NT is pretty wild. Benito had 25 so far this year. Not to mention 4 sacks. 68% of defensive snaps as well. He’ll be 31 next year and there is the PED issue but in all likelihood Grover has a couple more seasons as a ++ starter at NT.

They are 54mil over the cap in effective cap space. They have a massive extension with Tua coming up. I am not sure they can afford him at this point without pushing a ton of money into the future. They may do just that, but Wilkins is not a difference making pass rusher, so not sure they would do that.

I personally like smaller NT when playing a 4-3.

A love Alim and I want to resign him as our future 3T. I think he has 8-10 sacks potential inside. Wilkins has been a consistently elite run stuffer inside or at 5T and is more than capable taking on double teams, evidenced by his 67% double team percentage in the link below. He has developed a ton as a pass rusher as well and could probably chip in 6-8 sacks at NT.

Grover Stewart is only listed as 4 pounds heavier and they are the same height. He need to get Aidan singled up more and a guy like Wilkins would help tremendously in that regard.

1 Like

I think Grover is solid and I’d be happy to have him.

Perhaps I’m too high on Stewart. I think he plus-plus when right.

Yeah I like Big Mac as that 3t pass rusher guy, we need some one behind him forsure but if we take one high it should be to play beside him. I’m kinda liking T’Vondre Sweat, McKinnley Jackson Brandon Friske. And to play behind him Dewayne Carter, Darius Robinson.

DeWayne Carter on day 3 would be great. I’m a fan and I know that we’ll fall in love with the person. 3 time team captain, @Davicus

2 Likes

Not quite there yet… But

Hutch, Reeder, Alim, and Davenport is still A1 especially if healthy.

1 Like