1 Like

Stud… good for him.

1 Like

Gonna be expensive to keep McNeil

Gotta draft a stud DT this year

1 Like

Wilkins might top that.

1 Like

DJ Reader going for 15 mil per year… is that about accurate in your eyes?

I’d rather pay DJ Reader 15 million than Jonah

1 Like

Why? Hutch probably the only one on d who will get paid for now. Gotta pay Mac imo!

1 Like

Let us not forget the Ndamukong Suh fiasco…

I’m for sure drafting a DT this year.

Plus we don’t need Levi having a random break out year the final year in his contract either. Let the rookie eat up those snaps so we can resign Levi on the cheap.

McNeil & Levi both UFA next year

only other DT on contract right now is BroMart

If Levi do break out, as long as Mac continues to improve, I’d rather pay him.

I think Wilkins comes just under as he may be better all around, but he just doesn’t have the pass rushing upside of Matibuike. I was thinking 21-23mil AAV.

Hes no where close to that. Probably 4 years 80 nothing more. He has great games then average games

Which is why I don’t think the Lions will go after him. Shame really. Guy would be a monster and help Alim be a monster.

You want to win it all? You sign players like him. Holmes needs to not turn into a Yzerman.

Jaylen Brown Sport GIF by NBA

Would Alim take 4 years 75 mill?

Madubuike is better than Wilkins.

And for those of you worrying about this meaning that McNeil will get a massive raise?
Alim would have take a huge leap to be in Madubuike’s class. Right now, Alim is probably in the $15m/yr range even in the risen cap world and I’m a big fan of his.

Also, get ready for lots of contracts that look like overpays because everybody is used to the OLD cap market but this big jump in cap completely reset the market. This is why I’d be completely shocked if Goff came in at under $50m/yr.

1 Like

Madubuike was negotiating with one team, Wilkins has several teams to negotiate against one another. I think he’ll top it.

1 Like

That’s fair, so you think Wilkins will get the open market bump.

You might be right but if Madubuike’s contract is the comp, there’s no way that Wilkins who isn’t as good and is 2 years older should get the Madubuike deal nevermind top it but…we’ll see, you could very well be right that some dumb team will massively overpay Wilkins (Bears anybody?)

1 Like

There has to be one there to take. Not a great class. You can’t take one just to take one.

Didnt stop us last year at LB.

1 Like