Reddick traded CHEAP!

Yep, I honestly think it’s probably AFCCG or bust for them, unless Rodgers gets hurt again.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is that they are basically already fired?

1 Like

I think there’s a world where they make a run at the AFCCG or even the SB, especially with that defense. But I’d definitely take the field against that outcome if I was betting, so yeah, likely to be fired. Their seat-heaters are putting out an uncomfortable level of heat.

1 Like

If they win the AFCE they’ll get another year.

Unless they flame out in their 1st game (a Rodgers specialty), you’re probably right.

They’d have to get blown out IMO.

I don’t know. The home crowd going crazy, first playoff appearance in years, old man Woody smiling like a shitheel for the cameras, hype hype hype from the league/media, probably a Monday night unless they have a bye… and they lose? I definitely think there’s a world where Woody fires them all the next day.

I would sell stock in the Jets win now faster than Xavier Worthy runs the 40.

They stunk last year but a 40 year old QB, who wasn’t that great the last year he actually played, who missed an entire season, and has had Achilles tendon surgery, is going to turn it all around. Sure, and let me know when Elvis gets here.

Dolphins will take a step back to .500 they won’t compete for Divison.

Jets vs Bills 2 way race

1 Like

Hock isn’t someone to get worried about.

1 Like

They’d run it back in that scenario IMO. Woody is an old idiot. If he can delude himself into thinking that they’re close he will do that.

I mean I guess he could try and make a fun at the Hoodie or something. But I don’t see Woody wanting to go flaccid with the franchise unless he’s forced to.

Huh. He is a top 6 TE.

I mean, no matter how bad Rodgers is he has to be better than the dross they rolled out there last year. And that defense is still elite… maybe even a little better, at least on paper.

Not with us he wasn’t.

And would have liked to have had Reddick but the Jets are in win now mode more so than the Lions given Rodgers age. Also, Reddick is due $15M this year and then becomes a FA. I don’t see giving up a 3rd round pick (if Philly would have even accepted that) for a $15M rental as prudent. But, we can agree to disagree.

2 Likes

I also think this could be Rodgers final year, so they may be forced to blow it up anyway. His outside interests seem more and more important to him.

I think Rodgers is a waste of time and will likely get hurt and if he doesn’t I expect his play to be mediocre. I would draft a rookie if I was them, deep draft for QBs.

1 Like

I don’t know that he’ll be great either, just better than what they rolled out last year. He doesn’t have to be great with that defense, he just has to avoid mistakes.

I think they should be looking QB as well, but they’re all-in for this year. They’ll want an immediate contributor.

Barely above average? I don’t know his underlying stats which maybe paint him as a bad player relative to his raw sack numbers and I don’t know his pressure rate but I’d say that a player who specializes in pass rush (arguably the most important skill for a defensive player) that has 50.5 sacks the last 4 seasons is a little more than merely above average considering his role. Without looking at the sack leaders over that time period offhand, I would wager that he’s likely top 5 in the league the last 4 seasons or close to.

I’m not saying that the Lions missed out on something great because, lets be honest, AG probably wouldn’t utilize Reddick’s strengths properly for the sake of making him a more “complete player” so it was for the best that he went elsewhere.

That’s fine and good for him and the Vikings but I think the Lions are perfectly content with LaPorta, lots of cap space for the next 3 years for not paying Hock and better beans which they parlayed into Carlton Davis.

1 Like

Overall well thought out post and well written. Didn’t we get Brandon Joseph as an UDFA? Fact that he’s even still here says a lot about him.