Reddick traded CHEAP!

I’m sorry but a 2026 third rounder that can possibly become a 2nd? He’d need to play 67% of snaps and record 10 plus sacks, but if he accomplished both- I’d say a 3 years from now 2nd would be worth it?

That trade would have taken Edge and LB off the news board in the draft. Maybe a cheap FA safety and draft a CB…

Nope it wasnt cheap. I agree, but people like to call me out. Lions are still players away from a SB and Holmes shat down his pants not getting another edge rusher.

1 Like

A 3rd rounder in 3 years is crazy cheap.

Dont call me out. I agree with you.

I know. I’m just stating how insane this was. Philly got a shit return to get rid of their stud edge, to overpay the former jets ALMOST stud edge. Wtf?

Think about him behind Hutchinson… who the f is going to block them? That means no more double teams on him. Defense is still going to suck dog butt hole and the offense might be the same or even worse.

Is he playin g the next 3 seasons for free or even 2024 for free?

1 Like

On what planet exactly would the Eagles have traded him to us? Delusional thinking that we would be in play here. Swift is one thing. Sending a pass rusher to a potential playoff foe is not happening. Plus he is a designated pass rusher who doeant play the run well. Not a fit to begin with.

7 Likes

Im not just talking about him. Yet we weren’t worried about trading Hock to the vikings. That makes zero.sense

Holmes has a Master Plan of how he operates and I hope this means he thinks Houston, a similar style player who had similar per game results when healthy, is good to go.

AND

That they need the cap space for a DB after losing Sutton/Sutton getting Lost…whatever.

AND

It’s Villain time at the draft for the long term hedge if Davenport cant get off the training room couch enough.

4 Likes

Eagles probably weren’t trading him to one of the biggest threats in the NFC

8 Likes

Bummer. It would’ve been awesome to see Riddick playing man to man 20 yards downfield and dropping into zone for the Lions.

3 Likes

Remember, NOT EVERYONE can play in Detroit. If you look at skill sets in a vacuum you will always be disappointed. Personally i did not see the player as a fit to begin with so i am not surprised at all we didnt go there.

And Hock is a big pu$$Y who doesnt scare anyone. Dan didnt want to resign him little lone pay him 17mil. He saw shipping him to Minny was a win-win situation.

3 Likes

3chars

And Reddick would have played SOLB here like Houston. We require our DEs to play the run. He is a pass rusher only.

1 Like

Agreed, watching Aaron Glenn trying to play chess by overcomplicating things at times can be highly amusing

We still have one of the lowest resource rich defenses in the league. AG gets bashed a lot but he started with the worst defense in football by a billion miles. He has shown a lot of progress considering. It will be interesting to finally have enough man coverage skills on this team to be able to play AGs scheme correctly. Massive pressure with dbs glued to recievers in man is what he wants to bring. Give the opposing qb as little time as possible. I agree that it is difficult to watch sometimes without the proper talent to perfom well in it. That is why he had to change things up so much last year. He just wants to play enough zone to not be predictable. He absolutely doeant want to be predictable.

My point is i think it will be lightyears better with better man CBs. The two we brought in best skill set is man. And i expect to add another 1 or 2. We need safety depth {both 3rd and 4th string} as i dont think Brandon Joseph is capable. He is absolutely allergic to tackling. I am shocked the staff has kept him around. His is antithetical to the player type we like. I know he has ball skills but damn is he a liability everywhere else.

5 Likes

To be fair it’s been at most six healthy quarters in which Glenn didn’t use him right during the regular season. Injury was the issue. In the regular season at least.

Redick is barely an edge, he’s lighter and has shorter arms than James Houston (by 2 inches!). And don’t forget for the first 5 years of his career he was barely an above-average player. He also turns 30 at the start of the season. The Jets are making a push this year, so they don’t care, but most teams would.

2 Likes

Douglas and Saleh just want to keep their jobs.

5 Likes