Remember That Crazy Trade Between Arizona and Houston Last Year?

It’s still tilts in Arizona’s favor but not by the ridiculous amount that it seemed at the time. Here are the terms:

Arizona traded the No. 3 overall pick in the first round of the Houston Texans, moving down nine spots to the 12th overall selection and acquiring a second-round pick on Friday (No. 33), a first-round pick in 2024 and a third-round pick in 2024. The Cardinals also gave their fourth-round pick (No. 105 overall) to the Texans to complete the deal.

At the time of the trade, it looked to me that Houston would be certainly be drafting in the top 10 in 2024, but now the lowest they can draft is #25. I want Houston’s crystal ball.

1 Like

And they landed Stroud and Anderson.

The offensive rookie of the year guaranteed

And Anderson is in the running for defensive rookie of the year.

Already won a playoff game.

They killed it.

10 Likes

Yeah they won the draft

1 Like

Lovie Smith going for two was supposed to be a big “F you” to the team but it actually worked out really well.

4 Likes

Looks like trading Watson to the Browns worked out as well. Stroud blows me away every time I watch him.

2 Likes

Watson and blows me away in the same paragraph…

Anyone getting a massage before the game tonight!? :joy::joy:

But Stroud was not part of the trade and that’s the primary reason for the turnaround.

Paris Johnson looks like a hit so depending on how that 25 pick goes I still think it can be close to a win-win trade.

Yea I get that. I’m just saying overall they killed the draft.

Stroud plus you and I and our Alf pog collections would have been an awesome draft.

Remember when Arizona was going to get the #1 and #2 picks in the draft?
Pepperidge Farm remembers

2 Likes

That wasn’t crazy talk until reality struck…

Arizona has franchise-changing draft capital this year. So does Chicago. GB is also in position to greatly bolster its team.

Chicago, by virtue of having Carolina’s #1 pick can make similar strides this year that Arizona did last year, building capital in 2024 and 2025. That is, if they think Fields can run an NFL offense.

I’m still trying to make sense of Stroud performing so poorly in his aptitude test. He’s played this year the same way he performed at the combine. Dialed in and in charge.

1 Like

I just remember Stroud against Georgia and thinking this kid can play.

Arizona nailed the draft. Even with a lot of draft capital it’s not easy to do. Can’t wait to watch Chicago screw it up lol.

2 Likes

I laugh, but it’s sad. You might call them rudderless, same as we were leading to massive changes in the executive group.

I think instead you should question the merit of the aptitude test.

Just imagine if Arizona stays put and drafts stroud. Was never a Murry fan. But it’s better for the lions that stroud is in the afc

1 Like

Thats the lesson ARZ taught the rest of the league; dont extend your young star QB until you absolutely have to because it narrows your options. They had a massive dead cap # staring at them if they trade Kyler and draft Stroud. Not saying it didnt work out and we dont know fornsure itbhas or hasnt because Kyler.

Same issue Chicago would be facing if they would give Fields the bag after the season before the FA period.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.