Report: Alabama's Bryce Young, Will Anderson won't skip Sugar Bowl

No doubt. It could also potentially be tied to their NIL deals as well. Maybe they get a bonus.

1 Like

Yes, but in turn Alabama can more easily go poach guys from the portal that were under recruited out of HS.

I do think NIL arguably creates more balance in theory. Though itā€™s still all about who has more cash/high level donors. Portal I think creates less balance due to all of the poaching as the top teams raid lower level teams rosters

Alabama paid a lot of money to get Gibbs from Georgia Tech this off-season

They are definitely able to get some players in the portal, but so far its nothing like when they were 3-4 players deep at every position with 4-5 star recruits. That was nuts. Alvin Kamara was an afterthought at Alabama and had to transfer the old fashioned way (junior college route). They brought in Gibbs but so far it seems like they canā€™t get a kid like Duece Vaughn because they canā€™t compete with the NIL money the kid is already getting.

Nothing is perfect but I feel like Alabama was weakened slightly by the new system. Which I think is a good thing. And even when they land a kid like Jameson Williams, I am on board with that as well because Jamo was buried in a crowded OSU receivers room. We all had a chance to see how good he was, whereas in years past he might be an afterthought because he never got his chance.

1 Like

Makes sense why Saban was openly complaining about NIL. They preferred the old fashion way out bidding everyone underneath the table. Now not so easy to outbid when itā€™s legal for everyone to pay

Crazy to think. Had Jameson Williams stayed at OSU what round does he get drafted in, like 5th at earliest. Maybe even an UDFAā€¦

1 Like

Id imagine Jameson would be in this upcoming draft if he had stayed at OSU and still be a 1st rounder, just one year later.