Rest of Draft Wishlist

I prefer Donvantez Walker…but something tells me that’s the Bills preferred guy. Hard to believe they traded down multiple times with AD Mitchell still on the board. I do also like the guys you mentioned. But I agree they are probably gone before we pick next.

I liked Tez a lot more before he bombed at the Senior Bowl. I know that’s harsh, but I’m a harsh grader. Especially when it comes to shrinking from big moments like the Senior Bowl. Conversely those who raise their games - like Quinyon, Warner, Donald, Shaq Leonard, Deebo, Tank Dell, etc… - get a big bump from me.

We all value criteria differently. It’s all good homie! You do a lot more than I do in regards to prospect digging, so I respect it.

I was more mentioning Walker to him likely being available vs the guys you mentioned.

1 Like

He’s like a Jamo-. I think he’s willing from what I’ve seen on tape, but the most he’s gonna do is get in the way because in all honesty, he’s not all that strong.

I think effort is what really matters to us, but I also think we’ve got to believe we can turn that effort into production because WR blocking is key to our running game. Probably the best part of Reynolds’ game, honestly.

Although, Thrash did skip his bowl game. Soooo…

Terrence Ross Wow GIF

Oh yeah you’re right about that. And from what I hear he should check the box for intangibles we like (though I’m not an insider or anything, that’s just second-hand). But I think our FO will prefer a guy like Brenden Rice in that range.

1 Like

I wonder how much interest they have in signing some bets after the draft?

There are some decent players still on the market at Safety, edge, WR… so that could be part of the plan.

2 Likes

Oh. Well I guess that will put your theory to the test lol

I’m stuck between a player I love and wanting to be right about how the Lions operate. :joy:

I’m cool with that also. Like I said I think Walker ends up a Bill anyway.

Really excited for the rest of the draft and we have little capital left lol. This is uncharted territory and it feels amazing!

2 Likes

I was like that about Chop for awhile. And Marcus Harris and Jeremy Flex. All of them play really hard on tape but skipped their bowl games. Hard to know what to think.

Compare that to Wingo who had surgery after 7 games, rehabbed his ass off just so he could return for their meaningless bowl game, then had sacks on back-to-back series to win it. We’re gonna love that guy.

2 Likes

And, as of right now, Holmes has yet to select a Bowl skipper…

Oh yeah, we know, that’s why @Davicus is broke up about Thrash.

But it’s also a small sample size.

1 Like

I like Braswell in the 2nd. Mo Kamara in the 4th (i know we dont have 1).

I really am not high on Trice or Kneeland. I dont think their skill set will translate well to the pros. I see them as depth that maybe get 2 or 3 sacks a season.

I have Johnny Newton way above everyone left in the draft. He is a top 5 defender in this draft imo. With alim coming due by next year it would be nice to have insurance. Id definitely trade future picks to move up for him, dejean, jpj, or frazier. Maybe mcconkey too. Those guys are gonna be really good in the pros.

1 Like

That’s the trade off: go for it pure talent acquisition vs. cost controlled depth raising the floor.

I do think we may go through a Dallas like off-season soon. One where we mostly punt just to tamp down the books a bit.

1 Like

I think Jamree Kromah is perfect fit wise.Reminds me of Denice Autry a bit. I think his long arm can grow into a legit go to move when outside and then have a juice advantage inside. Very violent player from what little I’ve seen. 7th rounder?

So we agree again, that’s two or three times in one day!

If we walk away with Arnold & Newton

They should just arrest Brad for highway robbery

Yes It Is GIF

Hell I’ll piss on spark plug for that to happen.

1 Like

Guys I like in the 2nd

S Tyler Nubin

DE Trice
Booker
Braswell

DT Newton
Friske
Hall

WR Franklin - this is a guy I really would like to have might be at the top of my list.

Hall might be a interesting guy at the bottom of the 2nd.

1 Like