Rest of Draft Wishlist

Brad, my man, make it happen:

4 Likes

I think a lot of folks are overlooking the idea of trading picks from next year’s nine selections for moving up the board or acquiring players via trade this year.

2025 draft picks
4 (Philadelphia Eagles trade for DeAndre Swift)
7 (Dallas Cowboys as part of last night’s trade)
7 (New York Jets as part of the trade for Denzel Mims)

Our 2025 6th round pick was traded to the Cleveland Browns for WR Donovan Peoples-Jones

4 Likes

Not to mention extra 3RP when AG becomes HC. I trade a 3rd to move up to very low 40’s to get targeted interior lineman tonight.

3 Likes

The only problem with that one is that the Bengals almost never trade.

1 Like

Yeah, they still have that one because Mims didn’t make the roster.

It will add to Brad Holmes’ legacy even more then!

Brad “Bengal Trader” Holmes

I don’t think Jets a pick because Mims didn’t make the team.

We got TB 6th rounder as part of CD3 trade

so it is:

1,2,3,4,4,5,6,7,7 for 2025

Can definitely see us moving down from #61

Can definitely see us trade our 5th round pick +4th in 2025 to get into the 4th round of this year’s draft for a guy we love.

1 Like

I really didn’t think we’ll pick at 61. I think we trade back to the 70s and get a 4th back. If possible of course.

3 Likes

But Trice would be way up there on my wish list. He’s so us.

2 Likes

I’m really hoping the Lions find a way to add one of: Kneeland, Trice, or (Brennan) Jackson. Those are the 3 DEs that I think are just solid fits for us.

1 Like

Lions could use 2025 capital to trade up (One of the 4ths plus one of our 5ths if we want to move up to like 56)

I get the feeling Brad is not after volume in this draft.

There just isn’t a lot of room on the roster for a bunch of prospects anymore. CB2 is filled now (with Arnold having CB1 potential sooner than later, probably).

We need a WR to fill out that room. An edge, safety and IOL. Using a pick or two from next year is fine with me to move and get the right guys.

If Brad walks away with four guys who fit the bill, I’ll be thrilled.

3 Likes

If I get my way, we are acquiring Trey Hendrickson from Bengals.

That being said… I like those 3 you guys listed.

Add:

CHRIS BRASWELL gotta add him to the list, him & houston would give us juice off the edge

MO KAMARA I can see him having a Elvis Dumveril type career

Bengals aren’t trading him. They can my until camp starts anyways.

Well then we just sign him next year when he’s a free agent

And draft Mo or Braswell or Trice or BJackson

I think you’re on to something here. Personally I like volume. The Lion’s will have to be a volume team at some point in the near future with these large internal contracts coming to fruition. That being said Holmes and Campbell always have a plan

1 Like

I think that’s why we saw them deal this years 3rd instead of next years. Like the other elite teams in the NFL, we are gonna have a lot of picks moving forward due to losing guys to FA (comp picks).

Keep next years picks and work with 2024 only. If they want more bites, trade down with our 2nd.

1 Like

I’d love to get one of Troy Franklin, Ladd McConkey or Ja’Lynn Polk, but that’s probably not happening. They could be gone in the first 5 picks tonight.

1 Like

It’s okay. Jamari Thrash will still be there.

Evil Smile GIF

He’s grown on me I’ll admit, though I still think he’s too thin to get away with a lot of the stuff he did in college. He has other ways to win though.

How is he as a blocker?