Rewatching the game

Watching it live on my phone on the way to work I didn’t fully appreciate the chess match we got to watch between two brilliant football minds and the mastery Goff and Raggs have in this offense

At 15 seconds the green dot gets cut. Meaning coaches can no longer talk to players.

The defense shows the look after the cutoff; you can see Ragnow pointing and Goff audible.

The defense then audibles to shift after they see how quickly Goff adjusts and we catch them in soft coverage. They still generate pressure but Goff lays a perfect pass to Raymond off his back foot

This offense is running like peak Colts under Manning. Rags and Goff are like coaches on the field. The old narrative of Goff unable to perform once the mic is cut seems to be dead and off the diss wheel forever

12 Likes

The more I watch him play, the more insistent I become in ranking him higher than Suh in “the best who’ve played in a Lions uniform”. We’re never ever going to have a Center as good as Ragnow again.

6 Likes

I think Rags surpassed him years ago to me. The epitome of Frank is when he fractured his throat and never missed a snap!

Tough as they come, humble as they come and a quality human from all accounts! He is an all time great in my mind

8 Likes

Absolutely. He’s not just heart, either. Dude’s a freakin’ mammoth of a human.

5 Likes

Also, those claims of him folding like a cheap tent under pressure are melting away. Dude is money when they bring the blitz. Goff and the other players know the offense so well that it’s difficult to stop

5 Likes

I suspect a lot of that is just confidence. Not only in himself but knowing Dan still has his back even if he makes a mistake. We also need to give credit to mark brunell. I suspect a lot of Goff’s growth as a quarterback came from mark’s experience of 20 years in the league. Playing every role a quarterback can play. He’s pretty much seen and done it all.

4 Likes

That has definitely been a part of his resurgence.

3 Likes

@LineBusy the best to ever wear a lions uniform? How old are you? There is a statue outside and a painted over mural that may disagree with that. And I love the guy.

2 Likes

When its all said and done, we are probably watching the two best offensive linemen in Lions history in Ragnow and Sewell.

2 Likes

“Higher than Suh on that list.”

I think you’re forgetting steel wall of Aaron Gibson and Shawn Bowens.

Sewell and Rags are unbelievably good. Sewell has a chance to be one of the GOAT.