Rich get richer: Chiefs sign Hollywood Brown

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1768466078252900782

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes

That is a fantastic fit, he is going to cause problems in 2024 if he stays healthy.

2 Likes

I guess. He’s fine. Better than what they’ve had. Not special though.

6 Likes

Little cap space and still kept jones franchise tagged sneed and now this.

1 Like

Rashee Rice gonna line up outside more now? He seemed more.dangerous in the slot.

Hollywood hasnt had a qb, really, that can take advatage of his ability. So, we’ll see. Better than JuJu and Knuckkehead Toney and MVS and Mecole and Skyyyy and Pringlesthough

If they trade Snead they can still get both a high end Tackle and High end WR given the depth of those positions in the draft. Heck they may be able to without trading Sneed.

1 Like

He’ll help them go 19-1.

We’ve got their number. :wink:

I thought we could trade down with a team that wanted a WR before KC.

Granted this comment is fantasy based from when I had him a few years back, Ravens WR; does he still drop the ball in key situations?

1 Like

Exactly. He’s the most overrated WR in the last decade.
Maybe it’s the nickname. But if you look at his career stats, he’s a pretty average WR.

1 Like

He was pretty great when he was the #1 guy in Zona when Nuke was out.

I love this signing for the Chiefs

Our best bet to me is trading down to a team who wants an OT before Baltimore. Especially now that they’ve traded Morgan Moses away.

1 Like

Josh Reynolds had better numbers last season.
I just don’t see the infatuation with this guy.
It’s way more hype than substance.

All them big time bloopers MVS & Toney made won’t happen on Hollywood’s watch.
6 games as the #1 with Kyler.

The other time it was behind a forcefed Hopkins, or with no name QB for Cardinals, or with Lamar and Baltimore running every play.

His #s might not be gaudy in KC but he will have a big impact.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 12-34-31 Marquise Brown 2022 Stats per Game - NFL - ESPN

"who the hell is Hollywood Brown ? "

Yeah, to me, this guy is OVERRATED. I think people thinks he plays at the same level as his college “Hollywoooooooood” days.

Just a quick look at his numbers last year tells me he’s not even in Josh Reynolds league. If we extrapolate Reynolds numbers to Browns based on his targets Reynolds would have 63 rec and 950 yards

Brown: 51 rec 101 tar 574 yds 11.3 avg 4 td 41 long 32 1st dns
Reynolds: 40 64 608 15.2 5 33 32

1 Like

Mahomes restructured his contract to free up some cap space.

1 Like

I get that

1 Like