Riley Reiff to the Bengals

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

5m

One of the most important moves in free agency for Cincy: Improve the protection for QB Joe Burrow. A veteran starting LT does that. The #Vikings loved Riley Reiff, on the field and in the locker room. Now, he lands with the #Bengals.

Quote Tweet

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

· 7m

The Bengals are signing OT Riley Reiff, source said. He’s agreed to terms.

Guy was a solid player for us and the Vikings. Won’t get much more then that from him though.

He’s what we’d like to have now on the Right side but was just another Backus on the Left.
I wonder if that means they’re out on the Golladay sweepstakes.

Thought they were all women???

1 Like

Kind of decent news here for fans that want Sewell. Obviously doesn’t eliminate them from taking him but I would think OT is as big of a hole now. If Cincy passes on him, the next team I would worry about is Philly.

1 Like

Well, makes me thinks that the Bungholes will be taking a WR instead of Sewell now.

With Jonah Williams and Reiff now as the bookends, you’d have to assume they’ll look in another direction with pick 5.

Positioned to trade out of 5.

1 Like

Don’t think it takes them out of Sewell honestly. They’d move someone to guard and just let a contract run out or trade when needed.

Hard to pass on OT. Not sure Reiff is a long term solution there. Not seeing contract length either. Could be a plan in case Sewell is gone before they pick.

1 Like

They like short armed OTs apparently

2 Likes

Reiff goes back to a blocking TE. :wink:

2 Likes

Reiff gives them a nice safety net at 5. Can look to trade back a few spots and pick up extra draft picks from a QB needy team but doesn’t really preclude them from taking Sewell at 5 if the value isn’t there and he is still in the board

Sewell seems the logical choice here. The line would be world’s better than last year. Then they sign Goloday. Good step forward for them.

If you are in your 30’s you can tell when your career is over. It’s when you sign with the Lions or Bengals. He can start planning his retirement party now. :partying_face:

2 Likes

This will take Chase off the board, so I’m glad about that because I view him as the 3rd best WR in the draft. But reuniting Chase w Burrow is just too perfect for them to pass on if they don’t go OT. For me it’s D. Smith or Parsons at 7. I think we can trade down and still get Parsons, but not Smith.

Burrow got into the act, helping recruit veteran tackle Riley Reiff over a steak Thursday night. “I went away from eating that steak and I was like, ‘I want to block for this guy,’ “ Reiff said after signing for one year and $7.5 million. “Seeing him on the film . . . He’s even better off the field.” Must have been some steak.

Joe Burrow comes across to me as the opposite of Jay Cutler. I think people naturally like Joe, where as people naturally dislike Jay.

All I know is Susanna Hoffs is an all timer. Hall of fame for sure.

2 Likes

Good point. The Eagles are about to start Jordan Mailata at LT, yeah, that kid that got drafted by playing rugby and didn’t play organized football until the NFL.

Ohhhh…maybe we could trade Vatai to them. We demand a bag of Cheetos in 2027 for him.
p.s.
I hate Cheetos. Haven’t had them since I was a kid.

1 Like