RIP Mike Ditka

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/50140701/legendary-coach-hall-fame-te-mike-ditka-dies-age-86

One of the few Bears that I always liked.

12 Likes

RIP coach!

Sad news….RIP!

1 Like

RIP Ditka. Tom Selleck will have to carry the torch for America’s greatest mustache alone.

2 Likes

RIP Coach. No bullshit, no nonsense dude.

1 Like
1 Like

I wonder if SNL will do a throwback

We’ve lost Wendt and Farley so can’t all be original Swerskis

1 Like

dude was almost 90

where do the years go?

2 Likes

RIP Coach.

RIP Mike.

I was just thinking that now we will find our answers to the Superfans Ditka vs God theoreticals.

2 Likes

They don’t come and go. The eternal present is the only real time. Make the best of it.

edit: I did not say that very well. But there is in fact only the eternal. You can’t be in any other ā€œtimeā€. I can show my work, but forget it. Iron Mike is a legend.

1 Like

RIP brother

Chicago Bears Nfl GIF by ADWEEK

May you stay forever young! RIP Ditka!

2 Likes

You should make it a Mini-Ditka, just so it’s a fair matchup with the Almighty.

3 Likes

Ditka is part of one of the funniest things I remember about the NFL. The Bears had an upcoming game against the Vikings and there was a press pool waiting for iron Mike to pull up on a golf cart near the practice field. Apparently vikings head coach Jerry Burns had said something derogatory that week about the Bears and the reporters asked Mike about it.

Reporter: Mike, what do you think about Jerry Burns comments?

MD: who?

Reporter: Jerry Burns

MD: never heard of him

Then Mike drove away. Funny shit, but I can’t find that clip anywhere.

3 Likes

1 Like

Mini Ditka 47 Giants 0

1 Like

Wow. Indeed.

RIP Coach. And to our Bears fans, I grieve with you, but only for a minute and then it’s back to ftb.

4 Likes

The first coach I wish was in Detroit.