Robert Woods might be ideal DJ Chark replacement for Detroit Lions

I want no part of Golladay… Have followed him on IG for years and it was pretty obvious to me he was more about the money than the game. Players like Walker and Okudah are posting pics/vids of them working out while he’s posting diamond necklaces and fashion. Once he was “injured” his last year in Detroit, I had a feeling he was protecting his payday.

4 Likes

Woods is more of a Cephus replacement for than a Chark replacement at this point. 1 year 2-3mil and I’d love to have him.

4 Likes

LOL ~insert occupying roster spot on IR joke here~

4 Likes

Woods is a great team guy and would be a welcomed addition imo. That being said, he doesn’t solve anything at WR. Would still need to add someone in the draft.

Woods is a bad fit for us. We already have st brown… who is like a young woods. With brown and our offense entirely moving through the run game, you need to have true outside guys that can stretch a defense.

St. Brown often gets compared to Kupp…
who played alongside Woods for 4 years…

3 Likes

Woods is a fit for everyone. Whoever gets him will be lucky to have him. A veteran depth player who can show some young players how to be a professional.

Add Robert Woods in FA and draft a WR outside of round 1. That’s a top 5 WR room 1-6. Could have 2 WRs miss weekly and still field a competent top 4.

4 Likes

I’d like to sign Woods but I see him more as a 3rd WR and Jamo actually replacing Chark.

2 Likes

I’d love to get a guy like Andrei Iosivas or AT Perry in the draft.

AT Perry, Matt Landers, and Charlie Jones have looked great in this second group.

That’s my main reason, Woods on a short term deal, taking Jamo under his wing.

Woods is a stud for the locker room. Also has several 1000 yard seasons. The knee medical is the key though. If the knee fails the medical, hire him to coach.

2 Likes

Bobby Trees played 809 snaps in 2022….
and played all 17 games.

He had a “clean” ACL tear.

His production wasn’t on a par with his Rams days… because Tannehill was hurt a good portion of year and the O line had multiple injuries as well.

I didn’t see anything about his play that indicated the knee was an issue at this point.

1 Like

QB’s my friend. But even Uncle Rico hits a target once in a blue moon

Napoleon Dynamite Rock Throw GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Agree

1 Like

I think their best QB play last year was just direct snaps to Henry in the wildcat. I’m sure Woods would love a chance to take passes from Goff and have a shot at the playoffs.

Mack Hollins
Allen Lazard
Jakobi Meyers
Darius Slayton

Robert Woods

Those are UFAs. Woods was released so he does not count against any comp picks we may get. Woods will also come a lot cheaper and no long term commitment…

1 Like

Goff used Chark’s big body differently. He didn’t ask him to go up and out size and out athlete defenders. He trusted his arm and read and let Chark use his big body to out position defenders. I posted pictures of it, but it was definitely interesting to see. Stafford was good at “trust me to put it where you can go get it.” Whereas Goff was good at “trust me to put it to where you are already going, don’t panic.”

1 Like

Man QBs can do whatever they want to do can’t they?

All 4 of of those dudes = 687 catches.

Bobby Trees = 623 catches.

1 Like