Rod Wood confirms new uniforms around draft time

https://x.com/DetroitOnLion/status/1772359223520670190?s=20

3 Likes

Whatever they are, they better come with matching pants!

Team kicked ass last year when they matched.

7 Likes

Excited for this. I don’t necessarily dislike the current uniforms, and they’re better than what went before, but I still think there’s a lot of room for improvement.

I really hope they don’t have “DETROIT” or “LIONS” in bold letters across the front, as seems to be the recent trend.

2 Likes

I would HATE this.

3 Likes

praying for no black

2 Likes

I really hope that this time we just update the throwbacks with white numbers and add a shoulder stripe to modernize them. We need to find uniforms that we can keep for a long time like the Cowboys, 49ers, Packers, Bears, Giants, Eagles, Saints, Panthers, Steelers, Ravens, Colts, and Raiders.

I think the Bucs, Bengals, and Chargers with their last update are going to enter that category soon, and I wouldn’t be shocked if either the Seahawks or the Jets move into that territory with their updates this offseason.

BLOCK NUMBERS PLEASE!!!

DO NOT COPY ANYTHING THAT WASHINGTON OR ARIZONA DID!!!

Thanks.

Also they can leave the helmet how it is. It’s fine now, unless they wanted to change the facemask for some reason.

1 Like

We can hope. Rod was around for those. He is well aware of the stink they’re covered with. Hopefully he made his voice known in the room.

As far as the blue on blue and white on white thing…because I was the one who pointed that out in the first place…

Those need to go back to being alternative looks like they were before. Either alternative looks, or big game looks. The white on white is already used for big road games.

Not sure as to the rules behind this, but can a team have 4 colors of pants? I know they can have 4 jerseys, but I don’t know of a team with 4 different sets of pants.

I guess we had that last year with our gray, blue, white, and then plain grey throwback pants, but I’d imagine the throwbacks are staying around. If we wanted to add black on black, we’d need to have gray, blue, white, black, and then the throwbacks.

shutup whoremouth GIF by FirstAndMonday

3 Likes

Praying for all black! Villains baby

4 Likes

The new blue helmets with a black jersey could work on honolulu blue pants if we can only have 4 jerseys and 4 pants.

Anyone who is hoping for no black is going to be disappointed… Almost every Lions staff member has been wearing black on the sidelines… It’s coming!

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

4 Likes

As a member of team black, I don’t want black to be the primary color. Honolulu blue and silver need to stay the primary colors.

A black alternate would be amazing.

4 Likes

Rooting for: Blue and Silver, not grey.
Rooting against: Emaciated Lion

The pants thing sound stupid…

I think it’s probably not any different than currently where they have the option of wearing either silver blue or white pants interchangeably with the jerseys.

Although I guess it’s currently gray blue and white.

I hated the BQ white top, color pants patroit style. I hated last years uni’s. They looked like filler jerseys till they get new ones.

My hope is for old school. Like the 90’s. I also like the throw backs they wear.

My choice would be the blue alternate helmets with a modern Lion logo. All silver (not white or grey) home, and all blue for away. No stripes. Nothing flashy.

Intimidating. Not pretty.