Romeo Restructures

Cap hit in 2023 reduced from $14.5 million to $5.65 million

7 Likes

So, still need backup QB and see what happens with Chark.

5 Likes

Restructure and paycut or just restructure?

1 Like

Money for Chark?

1 Like

Maybe its a loan for Chark?

homer simpson GIF

9 Likes

From what i just read it sounds like a paycut should help. There is the money for cjgj now what are we doing with big v

They had CJGJ money before the restructure. This might be for something else, Chark hopefully.

3 Likes

I know they had the money i was more saying that because it was basically a wash… the thing is i believe that it was going to happen with romeo and big v regardless of any signing

1 Like

Romeo Okwara Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap.

1 Like

I knew he would have to clearly take a pay cut to remain, but holy crap, we slashed his base salary from 11mil to 2mil and gave him 500k back in a per game roster bonus.

I thought he would get 5mil base at least.

4 Likes

What about big V?

Interesting that 2024 is fully guaranteed with no cap savings if cut… Guess that means he’s definitely on the roster through next year?

1 Like

Brad Holmes is ruthless with these pay cuts, damn. I expected Big V to get about half his base salary slashed, but maybe its more than that. I could see another 6mil or so freed up by getting him to take a pay cut.

Literally saved more money with ROmeo taking a pay cut than we would have by cutting him (we still have 3.5mil in dead cap in 2024).

3 Likes

Are the Lions not moving fast enough for you? Lol

3 Likes

Naw just asking a question

1 Like

Beach Day Water GIF by INTO ACTION

2 Likes

Patience Calm Down GIF by Brat TV

2 Likes

Meticulous, almost surgical approach to our cap, not like the knee jerk dumb asses we just had to dig out from.

6 Likes

Can wait til June1st for him. Use that money to sign rookies.

Either restructure or if he has bad back then just cut him

4 Likes