Rookie Minicamp

Rookie minicamp is this weekend. What are we hoping to see? I hope Manu shows he is not going to be a 2-3 year project. Hopefully he shows something that was worth trading away a 3rd round draft pick for. I think he will have a tough go this weekend playing against real competition not high end high school players which is what he was playing division 3 at best.

Hope to see juice from Wingo also.

Hopefully a WR breaks out for a good training camp story come late July like Drummond did last year.

It would be great to see Manu acclimate quickly and actually get into some of the games in a Dan Skipper role at some point. Third tackle, blocking TE. Then catch the game winner at ATT Stadium on a tackle eligible.

2 Likes

I’m giving GioMan a pass on 2024 season like I did Sorsdal last year. So I’ll be surprised if he plays at all beyond the preseason games. Brad drafted those 2 for their future potential, so I’m keeping my expectations in line with that.

3 Likes

Hate to break it to you but this team drafts high upside guys that will take up to year 3 to develop. Get used to it. Hoping for the best of course, but realistically he’s getting a redshirt year.

1 Like

defb80ee3d072fbb6f3d8aa0800876f8

3 Likes

Yeah the best news I want out of this camp is ZERO injuries.

No one is going to win a spot in this camp. And I highly doubt anyone will lose a spot in this camp.

My only real hope is that Theo Day shows enough to get invited to camp and somehow make the Practice Squad. But that is really it. I do not think they hit or anything so just walk throughs and some reps.

1 Like

I hope Manu destroys everyone too honestly.

My predictions are Rakestraw is going to Brian Branch everyone and start at nickel. Branch will move to safety with Kerby being the odd man out.

Emmanuel Moseley will win the CB1 position, and it’ll be a fight between Arnold, and Davis. Arnold simply will not let anyone catch the ball, but Davis will be good, and his experience will be a factor. Amik will be the other odd man out.

Wingo will eventually beat out Davenport, but neither will be anything special. And this team will struggle again with pass rush. Then we will all scream at our phones hoping Brad makes a trade for a DE before the deadline.

Lastly, Hendon Hooker is going to destroy practice, and be amazing in pre-season. Then a choice will be made, trade him or not re-sign Goff.

Love all the talent now in the defensive backfield

Rakestraw has Louis Delmas vibes for me. I’m hoping he can stay healthy. Loves to get his nose dirty but looks pretty slender to be a violent tackler and stay injured

Mosley would be a surprise at CB1. He hasn’t played for almost two years now

Would be awesome if Hooker played lights out. But why would they trade him if he did? He’s on a rookie contract for a while and if we are going to be legit championship contenders we need a backup who isn’t named Boyle or Sudfeld

4 Likes

When I signed up for the Den, I wish I made my user name Nostradumbass. I guess I just assumed it was already taken.

1 Like

Current list of Minicamp Players.

Blue Draft Pick.
Yellow UDFA.
Red Try Out.

Betta may also be allowed to go since he never has made an in season roster.

1 Like

Last year I think
Gilmore was the only UDFA to make the 53 roster

And C. Smith, Galvin and B. Joseph the only ones to make the PS that we still have.

That was invited to the Rookie Camp.

I hope there’s no news coming out of rookie minicamp, because the only big news can be bad news.

Only news we SHOULD get is which invites get signed. Maybe one of the signed UDFAs gets cut. And maybe some official jersey numbers.

Maybe. But Sam LaPorta stood out big time in last year’s rookie minicamp and never took his foot off the pedal all year long.

Also, I usually glop onto some UDFA and become over invested in them beyond reason. Like when I gambled that Demitrius Taylor should push Michael Brockers off of the 53. (We later found out that Demetrius gambled too.) It turns out he did make the roster and Michael Brockers shouldn’t have been on the roster. He did however coach players on the finer details of how to make money while doing nada on the field.

Maybe Wingo dominates Manu and the lions trade him to the Jets for their 3rd round pick next year. Lol JK

Hoping the best for Manu!