Roquan Smith requests trade— nobody likes da Bears!

He’s big time overrated. Former top 10 pick, reminds me of a slightly better Ernie Sims. Lots of speed, but overruns a lot of plays and can be dominated at the point of attack if you run right at them.

He’s probably asking for a trade because he’s terrified of Sewell! ha ha

6 Likes

This makes my heart happy

3 Likes

Do you think a autographed Barry Sanders fat head would get this deal done? I wouldn’t give anything for Smith, just sit back and enjoy the shit show that is the Bears.

7 Likes

For the short term, I’m happy getting the most handsome guy we can.
I don’t see us getting my big DT until next year.

Maybe Hutch can be good enough to require opposition to game plan around?
That would help a lot.

If you’re talking about the bears I agree. The Cubs, white Sox and blackhawks have all won championships in the last 15 years though.

If we were going to spend a future asset on a player I would rather do this. It would cost us less in terms of draft capital and upgrade the LB position via talent on the D-line.

3 Likes

First let me preface this by saying I would love Da’Ron Payne in a Lions uniform. While I don’t think he is an elite DT, he is a very good starter. He also would add some size to an area where we are clearly lacking.

With that being said, I would not trade for him, unless it was a bargain. I would assume he is looking to get paid very handsomely. My guess is he is targetting 16mil+AAV. That is elite DT money. At that cost, plus havign to give up a high draft pick I would be a hard pass.

Now if my assumptions are not correct, and we can get him for a 3rd round pick and sign him to a reasonable contract then I’d change my point of view. Something along the lines of 3 years 30mil is reasonable.

2 Likes

The good news is they have a franchise QB who they traded up to get last year, he’s the second coming of Jordan Love! ha ha

4 Likes

I’m glad to see the bears imploding. I really doubt the lions would go after him. It would be an expensive acquisition at a position they do not not value…they are okay with just being average at Lb……and finding serviceable players in the draft. They are more concerned about safety and DL

2 Likes

Rumor was they were kicking the tires on Bobby Wagner though even though he was never going to sign here, so I guess they can pursue a linebacker.

I just don’t see us trading picks to Chicago to make this move unless we get him cheap.

1 Like

…they’re the Bearenas this year. Out of the way – my meal!

Im talking about the Owners actions…some of itnis team related, some isnt.

Reinsdorf- Hired LaRussa back to run a young team. Huge mistake

Cubs -Ricketts. Unnessesary uncontrolled demolition of their only championship since 1909.

BLackhawks- Sexual abuse of a player, covered up by coach and GM.

2 Likes

Actually I was thinking the Chargers. I would be looking hard at him if I were them. Smith and Tranquil look better then Murray and Tranquil.

I’ve always felt he was a bit overrated

Kicking the tires is doing your due diligence. It’s been heavily reported by the writers and even some of the coaches that LB is not a priority for this regime the way one might be for other teams or fans. The rams typically run w average guys in their LB core. Snead has talked about it in previous seasons. The bears would be dumber then people think if they traded him inside the division, and there is no way he would come cheap. Holmes has had 2 drafts thus far and when has he prioritized LB? It’s not prioritized the way DL and the secondary is for this regime.

1 Like

I’m not on board with spending a ton to get Smith, but I don’t think it means much that they haven’t invested a lot of draft capital at LB. This team needed one of everything and they’ve prioritized the bigger value positions, DL, OL, WR.

Many people also look to the fact that Holmes was with the Rams… who didn’t prioritize off-ball LBs after McVay became coach and they changed to a 3-4 defense.

2 Likes

If it was just a large contract at a position group that we are paying proverbial peanuts, it would be a possibility IMO. But if you are investing big dollars AND having to give up franchise changing resources, then it MUST be for prime positional value. QB/EDGE/LT. I wouldn’t even do it for WR because they are too fragile to get your money’s worth. Off ball LB? Hells no. We wouldn’t even pay our best LB last year to stay at 7m. Roquan for 20? No way.

4 Likes

Didn’t Cubs ownership also scalp tickets to their own fans? I thought I read about them buying large blocks of tickets through a shell company and selling them back to fans at a huge markup.

1 Like

Blocking the seats across the street with new bill boards…yeah. Dicks.