Round 2 Mock 2024

Avila was like the 3rd guy off the board in round 2 almost a 1st rounder

Not a 3rd rounder

@Kool-aidCornbread gave us a good cheat sheet for day 2/3

3 Likes

After the way Avila played he clearly should have been a 1st round pick.

1 Like

Johnny Newton at the end of Round 2?

Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ

2 Likes

In the mock above I did, I think Braden Fiske would be highest ranked player available…

Dan Brugler mocks him to us

Trading double down to Texans 86

Still has Kiran OT, Trice DE, Ruke DT, Green CB, Rice WR … just missing out on Polk & Nubin

2 Likes

If the mock fell like that I would definitely give something to trade up a few spots for Franklin.

He’s actually my favorite of the developmental edge guys, has a lot of things that can’t be taught (was a safety when he first started college). But he will take some development.

IMO Brad trades UP for one of the top remaining interior OL, and if he can’t get that done, he trades down to pick up another Day 3 pick or two. So my official prediction for Day 2 if the draft falls like this is Jackson Powers Johnson or NOTHING.

2 Likes

AMENDMENT: JPJ or Zach Frazier or NOTHING. (I learned my lesson when I flipped a coin in the “who will the Lions trade up for” thread, instead of being lame and saying Mitchell or Arnold. Lame for life!)

2 Likes

You had me at JPJ, you lost me at Zach Frazier.

I’m going for mass appeal over here. Gotta squeeze in as many names as I can.

2 Likes

i think Washington is an interesting trade back option at #61. They have a lot of picks and I could see them being aggressive today.

#78 and #100 for #61.

2 Likes

Yes

I think Branden Fiske would be intriguing in that scenario next to Hutch.

I also like Mason McCormick there.

Edge Cooper, Adonai Mitchell, and Troy Franklin would be tantalizingly close though in that scenario. Seems like a small trade could do it.

I would love that, depending upon the time-space continuum…