Rumor: Lions looking to trade up

I don’t know if any of recall, but I’ve made many posts about FAU.

Well, U of M just hired FAU bball coach Dusty May. Good dude everyone loves him.

Trey Hendrickson is from FAU, he still frequents the campus. He’s a good dude everyone loves him.

I think it has a real shot of happening Trey to the D

#29, #61 and a 3rd next year for #12

or

#29, #61, and a 2nd next year for #12 + 4th next year…

Trade a 5th, Paschal, and 2025 2nd for Hendrickson + 2025 pick

2025 we would have pick #32 and 2 4th rounders, 2 5th rounders, 2 6th rounders.

That’s giving up too much for me. The most I would do is trade up to Dallas. Our 1 and 2 for their 1 and 3. That 3rd we get back is likely a future starter. If one of Verse, Fautanu or Barton fell to that area I might jump. I would prefer a trade down but we have to see who is there.

2 Likes

I personally feel we have great depth guys on defense.

We need a stud CB

And stud DE n across from Hutch.

Trade down from #73 grab a 4th & 5th

Get a xWR Rice Polk Mccaff Baker
DT Ruke/Sweat
CB Green

Some OL & K late

Call it a day

2 Likes

I think the DE might be the only one in play here. I don’t see a lockdown stud CB in this draft. Mitchell and Arnold are good but they are not Sauce, Witherspoon or even Gonzalez.
I think the Lions want a DE that can set an edge and give some pass rush. To me that is Verse or Darius Robinson. The others are basically like Houston. A pass rushing OLB.

2 Likes

I don’t want 2 stud CBs and 5 scrubs behind them. I’d rather have 6 good ones to start the season. They will all play because most CBs can’t stay on the field for 17 + games. I’d like to get 2 CBs and 2 O Linemen out of this draft. That’s just my view.

3 Likes

The edge guys seem weak this year. One guy looks very good, but not great while the other looks amazing but with medical concerns.

Agree, the price is wrong.

4 Likes

Once he thinks that you’ve figured him out, he will change strategies.

2 Likes

I highly highly doubt that.

1 Like

I do see a trade up…in rd 2.

2 Likes

1 Like

This is a “rumor” that tells us nothing.

Might the Lions trade up? Yes.
Might they trade down? Yes.
Might they stay put? Yes.

Depends on all the expected things- whether one of “their” guys falls, the cost/reward of trading up/down, to what spot, etc.

And you start exploring trades possibilities before the draft, not during the draft, so of course they’re “looking to trade up.” I bet they’re also happy to field calls about trading down from teams looking to trade up into the first round.

Campbell said it clearly: ““Anything can happen. We’re prepared to do whatever we need to do.”

Believe him.

6 Likes

Exactly. So basically we are planting seeds that we either want to trade up or down. So no news and normal draft rhetoric. No one will know until it happens. That’s it.

3 Likes

It would only take me half a minute to get over the shock. And be fine with it despite wanting defense.

1 Like

It’s a great year to trade up to get an elite defender. I’m no draftnik, but I keep reading that such an offensive top half of the first round, which creates opportunities to snag an elite edge or CB. If I had to guess it would be the latter, we could really use a 5 year starter back there with how the contracts at CB for DET are right now. It all makes too much sense, especially remembering all the monster days opposing WRs were putting up against us. If CHI nabs say Odunze, they’d have him, Allen and Moore. We need a shutdown corner and this is the year to move up without giving up the farm, IMHO. If it turns out to be an edge instead and that’s the route they want to take, i.e. focusing on pressure, cool.

2 Likes

LOL, history says otherwise…
more like two - three days.

Probably true for the board, but for me personally it would just signal that Brad believes the NFL is about offense and he wants to create an unstoppable machine on that side of the ball. I have to trust him at this point.

2 Likes