Run Stopping DE’s…

I think the same thing. It’s very rare to see players that didn’t produce in college suddenly explode in the nfl. Clowney is a prime example of that. He was super hyped in college but looking at his film and numbers he never really took over games. Not at the same level as a guy like suh. And their nfl careers have pretty much mirrored how they were in college. Clowney would occasionally have great stretches of play. Then he’d disappear. Suh came in and dominated.

1 Like

As a direct case in point, I would ask you to consider Jermaine Johnson’s stats going from Georgia to Florida State. I’m not saying Walker would achieve the same level of success, merely to consider it as circumstantial evidence regarding what everyone is saying about the Georgia scheme holding back statistical achievement.

Johnson’s 1 year at Florida State produced 70 combined tackles, 17.5 for loss, 11.5 sacks, and a sack to pressure rate of 30%. This is after playing BEHIND Walker at Georgia.

There’s legitimate reasons why people are projecting Walker the way they are, whether it true or not? Time will tell.

1 Like

Sounds like Ziggy at BYU. It’s tough to evaluate players properly that weren’t used to the best of their abilities in college.

1 Like

Very good breakdown of pff. I like the basketball comparison, as I coached HS basketball for 10 years. Stats often tell a lie in basketball. The eye test means way more, especially when it comes to defense.

Appreciate your knowledge of the game @Mr.Peabody

1 Like

This Alex Wright dude looks like a really intriguing project player at both DE and DT…Wouldn’t mind nabbing him in the 5th if he’s still there.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.