Wow, estimates way off

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1761085559420715325

2 Likes

Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric

2 Likes

Chris Jones, paging Dr. Chris Jones to Detroit, please

8 Likes

Now all we need to do is to not overpay guys like the NBA did in 2016, or whenever that TV deal went into effect.

6 Likes

How does this effect how much space we have?

This only means free agent contracts will be bigger for players

9 Likes

63 Mil in cap space is what it is saying on OTC

1 Like

Damn, I wish we could have done our contracts before this was announced.

11 Likes

Yeah, a 38 yr old Luol Deng getting a 4/64 was wack. NBA has a salalry floor so some teams just had to throw cash at trash ( Charlie V, Ben Gordon, fml)

255 is gonna put Goff at 50 for sure given that a 3 year deal at 150, to hit the 17% of cap over the contract length that starts in 25 at IDK 275 cap, then 300 in 26, then 320 in 27 let’s say will be

150/895= 16.8%

Mathing!

4 Likes

:face_vomiting: timothy mozgov

2 Likes

This seems inevitable. Maybe not for Detroit, but it absolutely will happen around the league.

3 Likes

This just helps out other teams just as much. Holmes get on the phone with jones and hunter. Draft CB. That front four would be damn scary

3 Likes

As much as it does it does help us because instead of as much tied into extensions we now have some wiggle room above that

1 Like

what the â– â– â– â– 

go get chris jones

6 Likes

While I understand it’s really an exercise in equal Rising percentages it still is going to make those franchise tag numbers in the off-season next year look pretty gnarly

1 Like

They already look gnarly

1 Like

I think the biggest effect is that it may help some teams use the franchise tag that may have struggled with that decision previously.

Unfortunately… Snead may get get tagged in KC.

3 Likes

I mean, this year the franchise tag for anyone not a QB (even a LB at $25m) is less than 10% of the cap. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more guys getting franchised this year.

4 Likes

St. Brown, Goff and Sewell extensions just went up…Agents are drooling right now

Show Me The Money GIF

2 Likes