Sam LaPorta to play today?

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1746532749568069738?s=20

I have to imagine Brock starts and LaPorta comes in on some pass plays because of Mitchell being out.

4 Likes

Pump LaPorta full of the good stuff before the game. He will feel like Ironman.

5 Likes

Brock getting a TD today.

1 Like

“Very Likely Wear a Brace”

You think? I’m surprised his knee is not the size of a coconut. Also its cold as shit man. My knees hurt just from being old and it being so cold out. I can’t imagine a serious sprain.

If I had to bet $ real money, like my house, it would be LaPorta plays a few snaps and thats it. More a decoy.

1 Like

Hard to tell exactly how limited he was in practice with that big-ass brace on.

I wouldn’t want him to be doing much inline work on that knee. Let him be a possession receiver and help move the chains. Keep him out of the scrum.

3 Likes

Make himself a legend today.

3 Likes

Start as a decoy, then lull them to sleep…

It won’t be cold inside Ford Field and I’m sure they have been icing the shit out of it and pumping him full of anti-inflammatory’s. It just depends on how much it hurts.

1 Like

Thay really isn’t possible with this offense.

Ben’s genius is that he makes runs look just like the play action passes.

There are a few plays with Sam lined up wide…
but he is more dangerous when the defense thinks he is blocking.

1 Like

You could be right, but I don’t know about putting thousands of pounds of pressure on that knee joint right now.

We didn’t think he’d even play. Isolating him vs. a LB is a good matchup and that could help with the run game without him having to test that knee vs. huge humans.

2 Likes

I do agree. Trying to block 270 pound d ends when you have a banged up knee could be problematic.

We will know early how banged up or not he really is

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.