Sam LaPorta - You're Welcome Lions Nation

I argued for Sam. Fought here for him. Articulated with my usual style and substance why the Lions should get him. Rumors are that my persistent messages percolated up the chain to Lions High Command, just in time for draft day.

You all said you hated drafting tight ends. And you forged a gang to silence my message. You failed. But you gonna love you some Sam.

And you’re welcome. :wink:

4 Likes

Season 10 Story GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

2 Likes

The story has just begun. And now I got a pipeline to the top. I’m official knee-cap-remover junior assistant intern. Well…Almost official…there’s some pending paper work or something.

Big Deal Diva GIF

2 Likes

Damn straight, Lionpile.

I was–and forever will be-- the Kong of knee-cap-remover junior assistant interns pushing for LaPorta.

And I now call to the microphone the voices here that assaulted and attempted (hopelessly) to enchain me. Yes, those despotic forces of tight-end oppression…

Howdya you like LaPorta now?

2 Likes

The gift that keeps on giving

So @YAC is @CatholicNinja

Paul Dano Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

1 Like

Now that you typed that, it does make some sense.

1 Like

Yaaaaaaaaawn, cool story bro. I love I told you so after the fact posts…except one thing:

Thanks Brad Holmes for drafting Sam Laporta. :wink:

4 Likes

Wait, were you the old testament God at one point too?

2 Likes

I’m official knee-cap-remover junior assistant intern (pending paperwork). If you wish to worship, pursue idolatry…that’s on you.

1 Like

YARN | Clark, that's the GIF that keeps on giving the whole ...

3 Likes

I have about a half dozen saved mock drafts that included us drafting LaPorta.

Office Tv Youre Welcome GIF by The Office

7 Likes

Snags just got some YAC

3 Likes

At draft time:

-Thats2 gave a mostly rationale defense of the “no-draft-top-tight-end”. I respect his posts and anyone who knows their analytics. But he was clearly dealing with past scar tissue, as most here.

-Peabody assumed to speak for everyone on the forum: “In our little tight club here…We don’t believe on spending premium picks on tight ends. (So STFU.)”

I dealt with a lot of crap, and have come to playfully chirp about it as junior assistant intern of knee cap removal. Unsurprisingly those humorless among you can yield me no credit, nor actually reflect much on the great player we acquired.

5 Likes

A sincere congrats to you fellow Kong! Or would you prefer “Godzilla”?

2 Likes

I think Premium Picks meant like the top 15 picks in the draft, not sure that he meant the 2nd round.

I also brought-up Zach Kuntz as a late-round option and might have taken him instead of Antoine Greene but…

Idek-if-i-like-this-but-whatever GIFs - Get the best GIF on ...

2 Likes

My childhood dog used to love Kongs. Come to think of it your posts do make for nice chew toys. Solid branding, YAC.

1 Like

I aim to please.

1 Like

No ulterior motives for doing so? Sure, Snags. Sure.

3 Likes