Sam Martin refuses pay reduction and is cut

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

#Broncos P Sam Martin is being released today by Denver after indicating he would refuse any pay reduction. He was a top 5 punter statistically in 2021 and set Broncos all-time record for net punting last season. Will have interest.

Looks like the Bills new punter.

12 Likes

Makes sense! Martin is a good punter and the Bills need one.

1 Like

I am glad Sam refused. Seems like a petty move by the Broncos, considering how little Sam Martin actually made. I am going to guess they wanted him to cut his pay somewhere between $500k to $1M. So now they get to “pay” him $500k for not being on the team. Dumb.

7 Likes

Broncos is the Broncos.

Hoping they do the same thing Javonte and cut him. Let’s go, Brad!!! go get that handsome MF’r.

There is a fine line between being financially responsible and petty . . . this seems like the later. Players in locker room will take notice.

7 Likes

Martin will walk into a winning team Denver is good but Bills are loaded an will be strong for awhile

3 Likes

Martin has to be reading the Bills situation and made a calculated move to call the Broncos demands.

He would have either retained his salary or sign with a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Either way he wins…well, if he becomes a Bill of course.

Lots of hand wringing over this Broncos team outside of Russel Wilson out here in Denver. The new coach Hackett has a lot on his plate for his first year, especially with the new ownership watching.

1 Like

I don’t know. Somebody else just released a 3x pro bowl punter.

1 Like

Sign Martin back to Punt. Fox is the backup QB, problem solved! Release Boyle and Blow.

3 Likes

They’ll love his clutch 14 yard punts

2 Likes

He’s nowhere near Fox, but, he’s a very good punter.

Bills will be calling

1 Like

Brockers was asked for a pay cut for the rams too and when he refused, he got traded. Part of the deal in Holmes trading for him for a future 7th was that he’d do an extension to get Brockers the minimum he wanted so he could retire in 2-3 years.

Still one of my favorite Lions

Would be kind of hypocritical of the Bills being that Martin gang raped all of us in the Cowboys playoff game.

4 Likes

To think we wanted their GM to be our GM.

1 Like

The only issue I have ever had with our coaching staff is why can’t we start him at QB, S, and P? How much could you save on cap $$ WHILE freeing up 2 roster spots???

Get’r’done, Holmes!

2 Likes

Pay attention people! This is how you solve problems! Lol

1 Like

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL

Former Broncos punter Sam Martin visited the Bills

Oh My God Reaction GIF

4 Likes