Same old Lions: A new tradition begins

They keep doing it.

So many of us felt those familiar pangs after the last Minny touchdown.

And then the collapse never happened.

They simply … went to work.

Same.

Old.

Lions.

15 Likes

Jared Goff Mic Drop GIF by Detroit Lions

8 Likes

Same new Lions.

9 Likes

BRAND. NEW. LIONS.

17 Likes

Only I would apologize to DJ Chark for doubting him and wishing he was fired.
When he got hurt, I thought, well, who gave him so much money.
He came back when it was most needed, he might still become one of my favorite players, although I don’t make a big difference, I like them all.

9 Likes

BNL

2 Likes

I wiped the SOL off my entire body with some gritty pumice mechanic’s soap.

6 Likes

Could it be the words “Lions Football” might mean something positive?

5 Likes

My father watched the Lions last NFL Championship when he was 10 years old. He figured that it was just the norm. By the time the 1980’s came around, he was done with being fully invested in the Lions. Anytime they sniffed at being good, he would consider it “fools gold,” even the 1991 team.

Now for the first time in over 40 years, he is invested. He has been watching the Lions on Sunday, for the past month. He believes that this is the real deal. I am inclined to believe him too.

7 Likes

Pass D will be tons better next season after the draft, FA, and along with further player development this season. Tbh, this season and these wins are all house money imo, this team wasnt supposed to make noise this year, just show some progress…but they said ■■■■ that, lets make some noise

4 Likes

We definitely need a top corner to go with okudah. Hopefully porter in the middle of the first.

1 Like

When we win a Division Title or Playoff game.

The world still perceives any Lions success less than that as a mirage with upcoming failure to be expected

I still have the Playoff Tickets that the Lions printed and sent to season ticket holders when the Lions destroyed the Packers on TDay to take a 2 game lead in the division going into December and then went 0-December to lose the title to the Packers week 17

I am sold that this teams needle is pointing North but we will never get respect until we win something that means something

And rightfully so.

2 Likes

We are going undefeated the rest of the year and we will be in the Super Bowl.

Can’t wait for the rematch against the eagles

4 Likes

I hope you are correct.

The NFC is weak beyond the Eagles. If we get in and are still playing like this we will be dangerous

6 Likes

I’m with ya Jaded, for SOL to die for me, this team needs to win a division and/or playoff game at some point
and be a real NFC powerhouse for a sustainable amoublnt of time…but that doeant take away from what we’re seeing right now; this team looks to FINALLY be the one that can break that SOL curse and do all the things.

1 Like

I’m high on kool aid right now but I really do think if we get in the playoffs we will be dangerous.

Eagles are the best team probably in the NFC. And we almost beat them.

I don’t think it’s a crazy thought., especially how this team is playing. If we didn’t start 1-6 we would already be solidly in the playoffs.

3 Likes

I’m already full of crow, but shit Goff is a top 10 QB with weapons. He’s looked amazing once Chark, Reynolds and Jamo got healthy!

All this draft a QB talk is nuts.

5 Likes

25 other teams would love to have Goff and not only Goff but love to have the camaraderie between the QB and OC.

Johnson ain’t going anywhere. Goff ain’t going anywhere. We will be a top team next year and I’d say we are making a case to be a top team this year.

4 Likes

These guys have step up , this was a big game for Goff and this team. They made a statement today that they are no longer the same ole Lions. And Jared has made a statement himself and he isn’t done this guy is taking the next step and earned his spot as this teams QB. This team is so dangerous right now. They both have the NFL talking and it’s all good. Good to be a Lions fan today.

4 Likes

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

3 Likes