Sandman Slowlights

The more I look at our good games, the more it seems like the opposing LB are just mind freaked all game…we run like a delay PAP out of that trap/counter action, and if they aren’t blitzing, they are stuck in no mans land the whole way. Johnson shows you plays out of certain sets and actions, they work, he runs them a little more…then he has 2 other plays out of that same/set action that just nuke the defense.

Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Saw a couple Barry era delay/draws where the Dline is already past Swift by the time he gets the ball while 2 other OL feel like they are downfield setting up blocks he can work off of either way on the LB. Killed em. I and others were talking about how to use Swift better that way…

I See You Finger GIF by Yellowstone

2 Likes

Swift at 10:36 was Barry-esque. To make that spin and then be able to run away from a defender is something you just don’t see much in today’s NFL.

3 Likes

That run renewed my faith in swift… I thought he was down and we were punting… when he shows that extra gear he is dangerous and a game changer

Even his first TD run was really nice, but he mostly followed his blocks I think… but still it was a very nice, patient run

1 Like

wasn’t there like 5 seconds left in the half? i think the Lions were just guarding the OOB. There was another player opposite him in the same spot on the other sideline. Rush it up the middle and the half is harmlessly over, (unless he takes it to the haüs)

My question is why didn’t Hutch try and run it back? All that was in front of him was some flat footed Olinemen Fields and a skinny WR. Great pick though

2 Likes

Haha I thought the same thing, he could’ve been gone if he got past the OL! Get in some open space and a nice quick little lateral to a faster DB… talk about stepping on their throats

1 Like

Loved seeing Goff leading Jamo out of the backfield and assuming blocking duty downfield!

2 Likes

He was running almost as fast as Jamo!

But did you see Sewell downfield making blocks, st brown down there making blocks… just a really nice play

Everybody blocks on this team!!!

1 Like

If Jamo would have stayed behind him, that might have gone for a TD.

1 Like

That was kind of a funny play now that I watched it in slow mo. I didn’t notice during the game, but we literally rushed no one on that play (starts at 9:44).

It’s weird just seeing their 5 offensive linemen just standing there with nothing to do.

And like you said, I think it really mind-■■■■■■ Fields.

1 Like

Um Schwing ! *^~

I’ve seen a couple times, and I don’t know if it’s planned or not, but Hutch seems to take a high arc deep into the pocket and at the same time, Houston comes with an inside move, so it ends up a high low situation within the pocket. If the QB steps up, Houston is there, if he tries to drift back or stay at the top of his drop, Hutch is there.

I thought the same thing, but figured that there must have been some defenders over there that just weren’t on camera

I’m guessing fields would have caught Hutch, but with the right blocking who knows

1 Like

Watching this should definitely make Chicago think OL if they believe Fields is the franchise.

Get this message to Ryan Poles;
Getting more stops on defense will only lead to Fields on the IR sooner.

Thank You! I’ve been looking for Sandmans Marvels! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Sorry there is no one better than Sandman , he’s just on another level.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.