Sauce going after Patrick Mahomes

His response to Mahomes saying it was clearly a penalty:
https://twitter.com/iamSauceGardner/status/1708987972702380460

I trust Sauce.

2 Likes

The problem with Sauce is that the refs have allowed him to play like this. He’s always grabbing and gets away with it until he doesn’t. Great player but it was a hold imo.

And the refs need to be consistent as well.

5 Likes

Ha!
Ha ha!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing::rofl::rofl::grinning::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::grinning::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

My only issues with this play are 2. Firsr why wait until.the ball is intercepted to throw the flag? Slso why no holding on their LT? That was more egregious as the penaltt, that the fkag was tgrown after he intercepted the oass

1 Like

Lol true. But just within the game. Either call it close or let them beat the hell out of each other….just try to be consistent for 60 minutes.

1 Like

Haha refs consistent. They aren’t even full time employees.

On a serious note, the zebras could literally call holding or illegal contact on almost every single play. It’s just a matter of when they feel like impacting the result of the game.

A DB could get away with something for 3.5 quarters and then with the game on the line late, here come the flags for doing the same thing you did all day. Gotta be very frustrating as a player to have no idea what or when they are going to call shit.

4 Likes

It’s a weak call but it’s a hold. Once his hand wrapped around it became a hold. It’s the defender’s responsibility to not wrapped your arm around the back.
Sauce blaming the receiver for leaning in is also weak.

2 Likes

To me the better call would have been illegal contact. I agree it was a hold but it was weak enough that some can question it. He was beyond 5 yards and there was contact. You can’t question that. But compared to calls we have seen as lions fans this is a big nothing sandwich.

1 Like

It’s was a very tic - tac call that a GOOD crew would never call that late in the game . Timing on the call is very interesting also game on the line and now you decide to call that when litterly the right tackle for kc was holding blatantly ( the worst I have ever seen in 54 yrs)to slide. You call every thing on the underdog at critical times and let everything go for the champs. I neither like or dislike either team but what happened sunday night was awful and ruined trying to watch a fair game. Imho

3 Likes

It was weak…we as Lions fans bitch and complain about the refs but the Jets do have legitimate complaints. The most egregious to me was the crazy hold on #11 when Patty ran for 23 yards to pick up the first. That was not ticky-tack and 100% altered how that game went.

5 Likes

I have no problem with legit calls, even the ticky tac ones.
It’s the blatant non-calls that drive me nuts.
Like a whole games worth of illegal formation, false start, and holding calls not made.
Like time expired of the play clock before the ball is snapped and still counting the play.
Like complete the process when a running back can fumble in the end zone and it’s still a TD.
Or like rightfully throwing a flag and then picking it up, while a player from the other team is running all over the field throwing a fit and not calling it…in a playoff game.
The bullshit is way past old!

4 Likes

Interestingly Gerald McCoy said the refs would never call that hold on an OL. Was kind of eye opening to me for a Defensive Lineman, and a good one, to say that. Said that’s why DL are taught to never let the offense lineman to get up on you like that.

When its third and forever, a borderline weak hold shouldn’t[t be a first down. The crime doesn’t fit the punishment. The league has to do something with these automatic first downs. It gives the refs to much impact. Hell, if it was a 15 yard penalty it still wouldn’t have been a first down.

2 Likes

Yea I hate that a 5 yard penalty is an auto first down, especially when it’s 3rd and forever.

But the nfl wants points and offense. So it’s not gonna change.

The 5 yard defensive holding or illegal contact for an automatic 1st down was one of the go to moves refs had for influencing Packer games.

It was an obvious penalty that should have been called. The fact that we are even talking about it is strange to me. The ball was snapped on the 40 yard line. The first snapshot is Sauce making contact with MVS at the 35 yard line, which is the limit of legal contact. Every single thing Sauce did between the 35 yard line and 30 yard line was illegal. And he didn’t just have his hand on the receiver. He was restricting the WRs movement with his hands. Which is illegal contact down field or defensive holding. And with Patrick slinging it around the same time, PI can be thrown into the mix. Pick one, it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Yeah but they tried this on 3rd and 30 and 4th and 30 hoping to get a ticky tack BS call vs us as well.

Mahomes know what he is doing/saying.

There are holds and there are holds that a ref can key on. His hold was so visible it was called. Time to move on.

It was such a dreadful throw from Mahomes that if anything the slight hold put the receiver closer to the ball than he otherwise would have been. It was a really bad game for Mahomes. Like really bad. Bailed out by his ref buddies.

Yes - when was the last time you saw uncatchable ball ruling? Is it even still a rule?

Weak Sauce indeed.

2 Likes