I’d take Hamilton

Don’t forget to add Smoke Monday also

3 Likes

100% this

1 Like

Interesting question.

Sauce > Hamilton in my book.

1 Like

I will put it this way. You can draft Sauce and put him at Hamilton’s position and he could do everything Hamilton does. But you can’t take Hamilton and put him at Sauce’s position and have him do everything that Sauce does.

Anybody else ever notice that despite all the pundits declaring it’s perfectly reasonable to take a TE in the top 10, a CB or Safety at 3 or even 2, it’s only the Lions doing those things?

I think other NFL GMs are manipulating the bloviators on television and the Internet, to dupe the sap front offices like the Lions have historically had.

1 Like

It’s hard for me to want any player at #2 that isn’t a QB or north of 275 lbs.

I have noticed the same thing and I’m glad I’m not the only one. I honestly think that this staff is more interested in getting “the right guy” in terms of attitude and mindset outside of the talent and position. In that light I think this regime would never have drafted Ebron and Fairley, but probably would have drafted Ragnow and Suh.

3 Likes

Just read that Hamilton believes Drake is better than Michael Jackson and LeBron is better than Michael Jordan… He’s a lost cause… Gimme Sauce.

3 Likes

If this is true, he’s delusional…and we should pass on him.

If Lebron had to play against the Pistons teams that Jordan faced, they’d have to have a shrink with him before, during, and after every game.

Biggest, strongest, guy out there flopping all over the place, faking injuries, checking his face for blood when he gets tapped on the wrist. WTF.???

Back in the day, guys would have been embarrassed to be like that.

2 Likes

Hamilton.

First, because I’m the only one who has him pegged to go No. 2 in the Den draft contest. Second, because for all the hype that Walker got for a great combine, Hamilton has taken as much in grief.

And yet we know the combine rarely means dick when it comes to football in pads.

He’s the type of guy that can revolutionize an entire position. I’m OK with that happening in Detroit.

I posed this question in the Hamilton thread. Would you trade the #2OA pick today for Derwin James? Justin Simmons? Marcus Williams? Any safety in the league?

1 Like

Of course all indications from this staff and the team was that Okudah was about to blow up last year. Then his achilles blew up instead.

2 Likes

Have you (or anyone else) actually seen actual glimpses on the actual football field?

Glimpses? Absolutely. Unfortunately injuries have only allowed for brief glimpses in the NFL.

In 2019 he was off the charts good for OSU but I presume you were referring to the pros.

1 Like

Playing under Patricia’s famous 3 man rush destroyed any chance for success too. Okudah’s grade so far is a biiiig inconclusive.

Rooting for the guy. He’s exactly what you want in your locker room. Big time wanting him to win as a player, as a lion, and as a man. Go get that shit, Jeffrey! It’s yours man.

We literally never saw a healthy version of him. Or at least not for a sample size worth a damn. Sadly barring a rare recovery and comeback we likely never will. But don’t let anyone try and convince you that he wasn’t a fantastic cornerback prospect coming out of school. He absolutely was.

3 Likes

I would definitely take Sauce all day. Well as long as you have him play press coverage 100% of the time because off coverage will never be his thing.

The thing is…Sauce is a ZONE corner. He will struggle in MAN.

A zone corner is not worth a high pick.

Richard Sherman was had in round 5.

If you take a corner high…he better be Deion Sanders.

My OP of course.

Sitngley over Sauce all day. In fact, id take Andrew Booth over Sauce.

I see mixed comments like this on Sauce all the time. I guess it comes down to which scouting report you believe.

So what’s the truth?

Freeman and Tressel run a heavy zone based defense between the 20 yard lines. But run a lot of man in the red zone. That’s not to say they don’t play man between the 20’s because they do.

So let’s look at Gardner closer.

Opposing QB’s averaged less than 3.5 yards per competition against him last season. In the redzone he took over 100 snaps playing man coverage and allowed just one completion. In fact in 3 seasons at Cincy he never allowed a TD. Not one.

Freeman brought Tressel on because of his experience in the secondary and specifically because when Tressel was at Michigan State they played a ton of press-man. Freeman felt his zone concepts mixed with Tressel’s press-man concepts would be a perfect marriage and so far he’s been right. It shows in how Sauce plays.

Sauce is a better prospect than Okudah was he’s definitely worthy of being in the discussion.