Sawed Off makes the team

Dave Birkett

@davebirkett

· 11m

There’s an undrafted rookie that turns heads every summer for the Lions. This year, it was DT Demetrius Taylor. Taylor has made the initial 53-man roster. Strong camp for him, well deserved spot.

10 Likes

The Deuce is loose!!!

4 Likes

Six Deuce will bite a knee…

Woord!
Six Deuce!
He’ll see meaningful snaps, develop into a solid contributor, and be a very nice rotational piece in the future.

1 Like

Good for him!

Props to the posters than were hyping him up as a UDFA before he ever played for the Lions.

9 Likes

Watch Levi to IR with designation to return

3 Likes

Has to make the 53 man first to do that! He could go on IR in 24 hours after the cut down. But, he unfortunately requires a roster spot on the 53 man because he practiced in camp.

1 Like

He will.

That won’t be a problem. You can cut a guy like hector and bring him back.

My prediction, Malcom Brown signs right after Levi is put on IR tomorrow. Can’t sign Brown now, that takes 2 roster spots.

5 Likes

If it’s Brown it’s after week 1 I’d think

3 Likes

That’s what I’m expecting to happen.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Interesting. AFTER week 1? What rule is making this better for us?

1 Like

Contract not guaranteed if after week 1 brother! Which means you can cut them any time. Before week 1, they getting all the $$ regardless of being cut during the season.

It’s a ruthless business sadly.

6 Likes

Thanks for the explain, my bro.

Deuce isn’t worried about any of this stuff…he’s coming to whip ass

1 Like

Don’t hate me, but #62 might still get cut after week 1. If we sign a vet after week 1, which i think we will. Cutting #62 after week 1, helps our chances of slipping him onto the PS after all the other teams have filled their rosters and practice squads.

Hopefully he gets 3 sacks in week 1 though which would change everything, haha

You like Buggs better than 6Deuce?

1 Like

Not really, Buggs is more of a block eater and 6Deuce is more of a disruptive penetrator! That’s what she said anyways. Very different styles of DT’s.

3 Likes

Glad he made it. DT’s with pass rush ability are hard to find. I was scouring the cuts today and there were none that I’d rather have over Taylor an UDFA. That speaks volumes right there.

2 Likes