Scouting report: How are the Minnesota Vikings doing this?

Smoke and mirrors.

1 Like

Related from the Vikes point of view:

1 Like

10-2 can still be smoke and mirrors. I think the Lions unmask them. Remember, if not for FLUKY ass plays throughout the season (including Buffalo), Minnesota is closer to being a .500 team.

5 Likes

I always contend that aside from three or four outliers at the top and bottom, every other team is just a 9-8/8-9 team who wins more when they catch a lot of breaks, or loses more when they don’t. The Vikings are an extreme example of a team like that catching breaks.

7 Likes

I had a discussion on Twitter with a Vikings fan earlier in the week and I got no push back for suggesting they are: a:) really a 10-7 level team that has been clutch/lucky b:) they are staring down the barrel of a rebuild

2 Likes
1 Like

MN about to get smoked

2 Likes

False bravado is unbecoming.
I know who this Detroit Lions team is, but, they are going to have to lay it all out there to beat the Vikings.
It’s been two months since the last meeting and they have reason to be a very confident team.
For sure, the Lions can win, but, the Queens aren’t going to be a push over. Far from it. It’s going to be a war that the team that makes the least mistakes “should” win.

Jets had the ball at the 4-yard line last week with less than 2 minutes to go…. 1st and goal.

1st down… Zonovan ran for 3 yards to the 1-yard line.

2nd down… ran a predictable and slow developing run… and got stuffed. This was the play call after the previous TD was scored on a Mike White QB sneak.

3rd down… they call a pass on a fade route… against Patrick Peterson. No QB sneak!!!

4th down…. they call another pass play that Berrios couldn’t grab under duress … still no QB sneak!!!

What are these coaches doing?

The Chiefs have several TEs running QB sneaks and even plan to have a motion man there behind that guy to push him forward.

I thought this was a “copycat” league???

2 Likes

vikings have a more talented roster…a better record…more experience…
Lions have more guts an grit.
IMO, the reason the lions win is the fist fight. It IS possible that we can win the fist fight an still lose the game, but it usually doesn’t work like that.

2 Likes

I think this is a important game for this team and Jared Goff. This is the type of game that can make a statement. A win over the Vikes will certainly have people talking.

Want to be the best?
You have to maul the best!
Win this week, maybe we can start talking about a rematch with the Eagles and Bills, too?

1 Like

I don’t think MN is in the same stratosphere as those teams.

That said, I think we own them on Sunday

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.