Senior/Shrine Bowl Risers

Overview of Shrine Bowl…

It can be found at gbnreport.com
They don’t allow you to link their articles but you can go there and read them. Good coverage, most interesting for me was Nic Jones of Ball State, 3 pass breakups and an int.

6’2" 247# Tavion Thomas RB from Utah also got a mention. His Utah numbers are pretty good, 2022 wasn’t bad but 2021…204 carries for 1,108 and 21 TD’s. I will say he got some great blocking in that video but he moves really well for a guy his size.

1 Like

Between Benton, Mazi, Kancey, Ojomo, Roy, Coburn, M.Morris, etc there’s a guy in there that fits what we need on Day 2 at DT if we miss out on Carter early.

Right now I’m leaning towards Mazi Smith just because I think he would be a great rotational piece inside with Pascal/Cominsky at one of the positions.

Benton looks the part there as well though, I didn’t watch much Wisconsin though…

1 Like

That’s Josh Lugg, not Patterson… Patterson is who I want the Lions to take in the 2nd/3rd for RG

I like Mazi, not sure where he’ll land in the draft, late 3rd?

The Lions don’t have a 4th… Wouldn’t be surprised to see them trade down in the 2nd to pick up a 4th.

3 Likes

Super talented runner but a long history of being a turd.

If OG becomes a plug and play situation then Avila or Patterson with one of the day 2 picks is fine by me. There are some others as well. But those two both seem to be able to move bodies a s have the mobility to execute our more exotic pass sets.

If by some miracle Darnell Wright makes it to us in round 2 he’s my number 1 choice. Play him at Guard with the thought you may have your RT of the future if the plan is to move Penei over eventually.

4 Likes

I actually would be surprised if he doesn’t make it to our first second but yes, I would take him there.

Wright? You think he falls that far. I figured he goes in the top 40 picks or so as a RT.

If we have a bridge solution with a veteran then Nick Broeker really intrigues me. If he could add a bit more strength you’d really have something.

Nick is a veteran?

No. I meant if we first acquire a bridge solution. Ir retain Vaitai or Brown.

1 Like

I like Nick but I think we could land one of the OC’s that might be a better solution. I really like this OC group, and I’d keep Brown as well.

Nah, it’s Patterson. Josh Lugg played at the Hula Bowl. The only golden domers at the Senior Bowl were edge Foskey and iOL Patterson.

1 Like

Unlike Kancey who looks pretty maxed out to me at what I think is 275ish I think Adebawore could play at 295ish. And the freaky arm length probably helps that size play up.

2 Likes

Yep. If you can find a guy on the inside with the length to hold up, then being short can be a good thing for leverage.

DT2 appears to be totally up for grabs. Wonder if he can get there.

I hope he doesn’t rise out of day 2, hopefully his testing keeps the hype in check. I think by draft day Bresee will be DT2 pretty comfortably.

I think he’s got a good shot at day 1 if he works out like he should. He may end up profiling like a slightly less stout, but longer Geno Atkins.

1 Like

Yeah I heard that comp a couple of times. Hoping that like Atkins (and Jarrett), he falls because he’s smaller.

1 Like

Atkins, Jarrett, and Billings as well.