Sewell film breakdown

Man that one-arm block on the goal line is a beautiful thing. And more than that, guy is obviously a highly cerebral player who studies his opponents to exploit their weaknesses. Really impressive.

https://t.co/OmwaoCdTce

6 Likes

The link refuses to copy right, but check it out on Twitter, well worth watching

Pretty great. He’s a more cerebral player than one might think for someone that size

Yeah. Cerebral.

His innate instincts in live action are off the charts. He feels the players around him; speed, angles, body language and knows what to do and where to go. He’s not processing. He’s just reacting on the fly. Destroying people comes naturally. What puts this guy over the top as a prospect is that he’s an incredible athlete with phenomenal feet at 6’5” 331.

Grand slam pick. Franchise cornerstone. As solid a start as Holmes and Campbell could possibly have hoped for on the personnel front. Fortune smiled on the Lions. Let’s see what they do with it.

10 Likes

Yup- rare combination of intelligence and ugliness. This is like the Suh pick, and likely even better. Hopefully they handle this player much better and we don’t have to watch him go to the Dolphins in 4 years. :wink:

8 Likes

They all end up with the Dolphins…

1 Like

Except the ones that end up in Philly.

1 Like

Living in indy i see alot of their stuff so when nelson as a rookie was telling costanzo where to go during a preseason game by putting a hand on his back i knew that rookie was the real deal. They had a conversation where nelson said is it ok if i put a hand in your back to let you know to take the left more? To have that knowledge and ability as a rookie is telling. I think we got our nelson just as a tackle. Sewell should be a generational player if he stays healthy

1 Like