Shocker

I thought the Kunte Kinte shirt was a nice touch that would have teams scrambling to sign him???

2 Likes

Teams will tow the company line. No surprise here.

No team had any real intent to sign him.

He knew that; that’s why he wore the shirt.

It was a staged agenda - on both sides.

2 Likes

Exactly Dale. How did Kaepernick get security and a videographer team and all of those shirts the people wore in the stands over to this High School stadium in under 3 hours if all this hadn’t been planned out already. He was going to reject that site regardless and just found a reason in the contract. NFL giving him that way at the last second is bullcrap however because they can negotiate something like that the entire way

3 Likes

Kap is the type of human I can’t stand
Why would any team have interest in that dick

2 Likes

Meh. It’s over. He essentially told the league he doesn’t want to play for them. And, just in case they weren’t listening, he wore a sign that said “I’m not taking this seriously and you shouldn’t either”.

They got the message and this saga is over. He’s sabotaged his own image in the process of thumbing his big European nose at the league.

1 Like

He appeased the audience he was trying to appeal to. They ate it up.

2 Likes

All entertainment. The NFL probably needed another story to probably cover up something and CK got his public spot light.

Agreed. This was Nike PR at its finest. At this point, Kap is WAY more valuable as a victim/martyr than a backup QB.

1 Like

He lost some of the athletes who looked up to him. The ones that thought he was a leader and really a victim now know better.

1 Like

Nah. Both sides are dug in. If you didn’t like Kap before: You don’t like him now. And vice versa.

1 Like

That might describe a large number of onlookers, but I think his peers are look at him a little differently right now.

1 Like

They’ll likely (players that is) agree that the NFL tried to get him to sign a waiver that also would’ve waived all of his rights to sue. No player would blame him for not signing with a poison pill written in.